Need to move my modem upstairs. Access is slow and not reliable. Can I schedule a tech to visit

Tony1939
Grasshopper

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Upstairs, to test if the wall-port is enabled, by yoursel...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Upstairs, to test if the wall-port is enabled, by yourself, try connecting the cable-modem to it.

When you run http://SpeedTest.Shaw.ca  what values do you get?

Is your computer directly connected to the cable-modem by an Ethernet cable, or are you using the modem's WiFi connection?

If using WiFi, how far (and number of walls) between your cable-modem and your computer? Do you get better SpeedTest values when the WiFi-enabled computer is much closer to the cable-modem?

Yes, you may schedule a technician to visit. This is your right, as a monthly-paying customer of Shaw. But, telephone Shaw directly to book an appointment on a date/time that is suitable to you -- negotiating date/time is difficult over E-mail and via this web-site.

0 Kudos

If there is already a cable outlet in the area you wish t...

shaw-valerie

@Tony1939 If there is already a cable outlet in the area you wish to relocate your modem to, I'd recommend just trying to move the modem there and see if it comes online, as in many cases there will be multiple active cable outlets in your home. If the modem doesn't come online when connected to that outlet, or you need to arrange for a new cable outlet to be installed, just get in touch with us and we can get an appointment set up for you! 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help