Jump to solution

Netflix not working despite good wifi

Darren76
Grasshopper

Hello, we've been having very poor service on our LG smart TV for a couple of months now. Wifi throughout the house was also poor. Just installed a new advanced modem from Shaw last night, and the wifi all looks good, and the browser on the smart TV shows 280 or so mbps speed, but when trying Netflix, Youtube and amazon prime, all of them take a long time to load still, frequently stream with worse than VHS quality images, and continually seize up and freeze while we are watching them. This is extremely frustrating and feels quite honestly like we are not getting the service we are paying for. But how can this be corrected? Is it a Shaw wifi problem at this point? The TV itself is not old, and like I said, the browser shows that the wifi should be working fine, only it's not. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

OK, thanks Valerie for your suggestion, not sure how I wo...

Darren76
Grasshopper

OK, thanks Valerie for your suggestion, not sure how I would clear the cache on the TV, and no, none of the other devices had any problems with streaming, it was just a TV problem. What I actually did (on the recommendation from an IT friend at work) is I unplugged the TV for a few minutes, same as one would with a cable box or modem, and then plugged back in and everything is streaming beautifully again. I recommend this action to anyone else with this same problem.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jump to solution

I also wanted to add one thing: whenever I speak to someo...

Darren76
Grasshopper

I also wanted to add one thing: whenever I speak to someone from customer service on the phone, they mention service delays in my area. I understand this can be a common problem on occasion, but surely not for nearly 2 months. Just felt I should mention it as a possible culprit that has been brought up before.

thanks

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Are you experiencing issues when streaming video on other...

shaw-valerie

@Darren76 Are you experiencing issues when streaming video on other devices in your home now, or just the TV? As you're seeing good speed test results on the TV's built-in browser now, one thing I would recommend to try, if you haven't already, would be to clear the cache/browsing data on the TV and see if that makes any difference in the issues that you're seeing. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

OK, thanks Valerie for your suggestion, not sure how I wo...

Darren76
Grasshopper

OK, thanks Valerie for your suggestion, not sure how I would clear the cache on the TV, and no, none of the other devices had any problems with streaming, it was just a TV problem. What I actually did (on the recommendation from an IT friend at work) is I unplugged the TV for a few minutes, same as one would with a cable box or modem, and then plugged back in and everything is streaming beautifully again. I recommend this action to anyone else with this same problem.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

How do we clear the cache on the tv

TrevorAndKathy
Grasshopper

How do we do this on the tvHow do we clear the cache on the tv

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> How do we do this on the tv > How do we clear the cache...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> How do we do this on the tv

> How do we clear the cache on the tv

It probably depends on which manufacturer & model-number of your smart-TV.

@Darren76  wrote:

What I actually did (on the recommendation from an IT friend at work) is I unplugged the TV for a few minutes, same as one would with a cable box or modem, and then plugged back in, and everything is streaming beautifully again. I recommend this action to anyone else with this same problem.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have had that same problem for the last month latest di...

Oona1
Grasshopper

I have had that same problem for the last month latest disappointment today. I had this problem before and then its been good for almost s year and now i may as well cancel netflicks and prime because i truely can never watch them. Whats really going on shaw? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Wish that worked for me. Ive tried that every time. That...

Oona1
Grasshopper

Wish that worked for me. Ive tried that every time. That was a “fix” from a year ago. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Tried refresh internet content snd got an 1106 error. Try...

Oona1
Grasshopper

Tried refresh internet content snd got an 1106 error. Trying again. Such a frustrating waste of my time shaw!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

is Netflix through the TV app, a player or BlueCurve?

rstra
Grand Master

is Netflix through the TV app, a player or BlueCurve?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help