NEW SHAW MODEM

ugdlocal13
Grasshopper

New Shaw Modem

I phoned Shaw today to get the new shaw modem as I am Having problems with my old one. I have been with Shaw (Rogers) since 1976 they told me I will now have to pay technicians 150.00 to come out to my house to fix the problem. Since when to you charge.  I've been having nothing but problems with my Wi-Fi for a few months now and the reason we're ordering the new advance modem is because of our security cameras because the other modem does not help it out. If I cannot get this problem fixed I will pay all penalties and go to TELUS. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: NEW SHAW MODEM

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

when you upgrade the modem you extending your contract so in this case you sgned up yesterday, they will give you 15 days to cancel your agreement if it not fixed for you.  

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Something seems funny...

What problems are/where you having?

If a service call is needed, I haven't seen anybody be charged for them..  Service changes or installation, yes, there can be changes, there can also be service level changes that make charges weird for the first month after.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey ugdlocal13,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. If you are having troubles with your Internet services, I'd recommend trying the steps here to resolve them. If the issue continues to persist, please touch base with a technical support member for further assistance as they can help schedule a free service technician as needed.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help