No internet, North Edmonton

neufy521
Grasshopper
Spoiler

Haven’t had internet all weekend, anyone else in Edmonton the same? Tried going to the support page and page won’t load either. I’m not on social media so I can’t even contact the chat support 

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Nothing on the service alerts page, likely just limited t...

rstra
Grand Master

Nothing on the service alerts page, likely just limited to you. Have you tried calling or chatting in to Shaw, reseat cables, power cycle modem, router etc?

0 Kudos

--  I’m not on social media so I can’t even contact the c...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@neufy521 --  I’m not on social media so I can’t even contact the chat support 

Even without being on "social media", if you have an Internet connection, you can use Shaw's "online chat" service to contact Shaw Support.

Now I don’t either. Trying to get work sort of need it yo...

Chercass
Grasshopper

Now I don’t either. Trying to get work sort of need it you think!!  Furious that they have banking hours to even call. No service indeed. 

0 Kudos

My internet connection is unstable, on and off, most of t...

Mois
Grasshopper

My internet connection is unstable, on and off, most of the time no internet no wifi 

0 Kudos

-- most of the time, no internet no WiFi If you have no W...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mois -- most of the time, no internet no WiFi

If you have no WiFi, then there is no connection between your computer and your Shaw cable-modem.

This points to a problem, either:

1. with your computer's WiFi adapter
  2. with your operating system (Windows? IOS on an iPad?)
  3. with the WiFi adapter inside the cable-modem
  4. walls within your home "as the crow flies" between your computer and the cable-modem.

If you are also losing connectivity between your computer's "wired" network-adapter and the cable-modem, then I suggest that you contact Shaw, and get them to remotely logon to your cable-modem, to check the "signal-strength", and other values.

Then, ask/demand Shaw for a replacement of the cable-modem. They will ship one to you, via Canada Post. Box-up the current cable-modem, and take it to any Canada Post outlet, and tell the clerk that you are returning the box to Shaw. They will accept it, give you a tracking-number, and ship it to Shaw, at Shaw's expense.  Retain the tracking-number, to show it to Shaw, if necessary, if Shaw states that you have not returned their device.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help