No more port forward?

MysticMoose
Grasshopper

I've done all the step. In the app i went to advance settings then port forward.  then i select my pc and then the designated port. but every time i get "We're having some trouble.  Please try again.  If the problem persists, check back later."

I tried the online text tech support but he was not help.  he just said that the modem doesn't support port forwarding.  is this true?  if this is true what other modem can i use?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

port forwarding features are still available via the Blue...

shaw-tony

@MysticMoose port forwarding features are still available via the BlueCurve App/Web App. Did you try using a different browser to access http://internet.shaw.ca/ or pinhole reset the modem so the settings are factory set? It may be designating the port and just not saving it on your end (have you tested/checked if the port ends up being open)?

0 Kudos

yup tried multiple browsers with no avail.  Ive got a por...

MysticMoose
Grasshopper

yup tried multiple browsers with no avail.  Ive got a port forward program and it tells me the port is still closed

0 Kudos

-- We're having some trouble.  Please try again.  If the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MysticMoose -- We're having some trouble.  Please try again.  If the problem persists, check back later.

Found on a web-page on Shaw's web-site:

Note: If you get an error saying “We encountered an issue”
1. Check that your Shaw ID shows the correct account number.
2. If you have multiple accounts, ensure you set your Bluecurve account as the primary account.

Does this help?

Unfortunately i did not.  I only have one account.  doubl...

MysticMoose
Grasshopper

Unfortunately i did not.  I only have one account.  double checked to make sure

0 Kudos

-- I have got a port forward program and it tells me the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MysticMoose -- I have got a port forward program and it tells me the port is still closed.

Have you configured the Windows Firewall (if you are running Windows) to "open" that port?

Install the optional "TELNET" client on your computer, and then enter the command-line:  TELNET localhost XXX

where XXX is the port-number of your program on your computer that is expecting to receive packets.

What happens -- "unable to connect" or "time-out" or "connected" ?

0 Kudos

sorry for the late response but it just goes blank.  just...

MysticMoose
Grasshopper

sorry for the late response but it just goes blank.  just a blinking curser

0 Kudos

I have figured out that i can successfully port forward o...

MysticMoose
Grasshopper

I have figured out that i can successfully port forward other games like GTAV and counterstrike but it is still giving me the error for Minecraft 25565

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help