Jump to solution

Same here. I am very happy with my BlueCurve modem /route...

rickatk
Master

Same here. I am very happy with my BlueCurve modem /router and wireless tv player setup. Very clean, small footprint hardware components good picture and sound.

Jump to solution

your signal looks good with no errors showing up. What tr...

shaw-tony

@Eddy_B your signal looks good with no errors showing up. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far and are the slow speeds over WiFi only or are direct ethernet connections affected as well?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm glad my signal looks...

Eddy_B
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm glad my signal looks good.  I spoke to Shaw Internet tech support and he soon came to the conclusion that he needed to send a technician to my house once that was permissible in this Covid-19 era.  I was skeptical since after I activated my gateway I was getting 389 Mbps on a 600 plan.  After we determined that it had reverted to back from bridge mode into wifi broadcast mode we again changed it to bridge mode and I was getting consistent speeds via my router dashboard of 550-591 Mbps down and 22 Mbps up.  We had one of the wifi bluecurve PVR boxes attached at that point via direct ethernet cable connection.  The next day when I checked the speed it had dropped back to exactly the same speeds I saw before the Internet 600 plan was implemented. That is 85 Mbps down and 8 Mbps up.  Nothing else had changed so I was surprised by this and thought maybe something had changed on Shaw's end by mistake.  I have tried removing everything except my router from the gateway and testing, it remains the same.  Should i go back to the gateway and un-bridge it and connect a laptop directly to the feeds in the back and try again?  Can you check to see if I still have plan 600 available or did you do that already?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

thank you for those details. Good call on the speeds, I t...

shaw-tony

@Eddy_B thank you for those details. Good call on the speeds, I totally didn't catch that in the first run. I re-provisioned your modem and it is now reporting your plan's speeds. You may need to reset your connecting to your 3rd party router so it recognizes the update.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi , Thanks for the update, I'm getting 533 Mbps up and 2...

Eddy_B
Grasshopper

Hi @shaw-tony, Thanks for the update, I'm getting 533 Mbps up and 22 Mbps down at my router now.

I will go through and check my wifi speeds but with my wired getting close to 600 everything else will come into alignment.

Thank you very much for re-provisioning my modem, now I know what to ask for if this ever happens again.

Thanks again. Eddy

TALK TO US
We're here to help