-- Someone is hiding the truth for sure. Shaw changed the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LivingGod -- Someone is hiding the truth for sure.

Shaw changed the equipment inside their demarcation box, probably destroying any "evidence" of a cause.

BC Hydro came, and did repair some work, preferring to fix the issue, rather than to do a forensic investigation.

The hired electrician reported no problem.

So, which company/person is being dishonest?

0 Kudos

-- Then he opened outside box and found cable black plast...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LivingGod -- Then he opened outside box and found cable black plastic and shield melted.

Very strange.

Then he run away from box 10 feet and said no one go near box and house may be in fire and call BC hydro.

It was prudent to physically move away.

It was prudent to warn you to stay away.

Yes, it was possible that there was a fire inside the walls of the house. Since the technician was not a member of a Fire Department, it was prudent to voice that possibility.  Calling BC Hydro was the correct procedural response.

> He said he worked 20 years and never seen anything like that.

Are you saying that he was lying to you?

> he probably never had electric shock it seems in that 20 years.

Probably, he was correct, if he followed all the Work Safe policies.

> Probably running away from Tougher work. Worst ever technician i ever seen in my life.

That does not follow. He worked safely. What are you suggesting that he should have done?

0 Kudos

Shaw technician do not want to work at all. That is norma...

LivingGod
Grasshopper

Shaw technician do not want to work at all. That is normal reaction of lazy technician.

Smart technician will start to ask question. Any issue with electricity and anything burned inside the house.

he never asked any queston. Only area burned is shaw box. No burn in anything with electricity or telus cables.

He basically do not know what happened. Shaw business guys came they also do not want to say what was wrong.

Electrician and BBCHYDRO said there is no issue with house wiring.  So basically no one telling me what happened.

Someone is hiding the truth basically.

0 Kudos

--  No burn in anything with electricity or telus cables....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LivingGod --  No burn in anything with electricity or telus cables.

Do you mean no VISIBLE sign of fire anywhere else in the walls of your residence?

I doubt that a Shaw Technician would carry a heat-detection device, like the ones that the SWAT team uses to look through walls for heat signatures of hostages and criminals.  I suspect that only the local Fire Department would have such a device at their disposal.

Someone is hiding the truth basically.

You can't handle the truth -- quote from a line by actor Jack Nicholson to actor Tom Cruise.  🙂

How would knowing the truth be beneficial to you? Do you expect a repeat of the event inside the Shaw demarcation box?  If so, you should move to a different residence. Presumably, Shaw & BC Hydro & the electrician were competent, and fully & safely resolved the issue.  Why would you mistrust any of them?

0 Kudos

If it happen again then you can prepare for it. I googled...

LivingGod
Grasshopper

If it happen again then you can prepare for it. I googled most say it has to be shaw issue.

0 Kudos

I have personally seen this twice, so it isn’t totally un...

rstra
Grand Master

@LivingGod I have personally seen this twice, so it isn’t totally uncommon. In your situation, without being there, but because you had the power company and an electrician check it out, I would agree that it is a Shaw issue. The two times I came across melted cable, was because of a faulty house ground, and the other time it was a power line. I really don’t believe they are hiding anything, but if you don’t have confidence in the Shaw line, I would switch to Telus for peace of mind.

0 Kudos

hi Guys , I am back again. Ok today morning Outage starte...

LivingGod
Grasshopper

hi Guys ,

I am back again. Ok today morning Outage started at 5:30am. Its now 10:54pm and yet to be solved. Shaw is working hard for sure. But they need someone to tell us update on details. Why this happened and why they disconnect internet to everyone to solve one house problem?

I am curious on the detail of why it take 1 day to fix. Last time similar thing happened 6 month ago all shaw cables burnt inside the house and cable box.

I am jittery. I hope things dont repeat. Laters

0 Kudos

-- I am curious on the detail of why it take 1 day to fix...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LivingGod -- I am curious on the detail of why it take 1 day to fix. 

What are you measuring:

* the number of minutes/hours from when the Shaw technicians arrive at your home to the time that they leave, or,

* the number of minutes/hours/day between the time that you contacted Shaw, and the Shaw technician arrived at your home?

Shaw does not have a "Maytag Repairman" (actor Gordon Jump) just sitting in their office, just waiting for your call to cause him/her/they to "drop everything" and rush to your home. Their technicians have multiple appointments per day.

0 Kudos

Another outage today ( 2 MAJOR outage in last 15 days) Sh...

LivingGod
Grasshopper

Another outage today ( 2 MAJOR outage in last 15 days)

Shaw technicians are incompetent in my opinion especially the big technicians. Why cut off internet to everyone to solve one area?

Also why cut off every one until you find a solution? Every time shaw sub station getting burnt?

July 15 - Lower Mainland (Willowbrook, Langley, Surrey) - All Services Outage (Fix In Progress)

Some customers in the Willowbrook, Langley and Surrey areas of the Lower Mainland are experiencing an interruption to Internet, Television and Home Phone services. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Live Updates:
07/15/2022 16:19 PT Due to the complexity of this outage, our technicians are still working to resolve. Thank you for your patience.
07/15/2022 14:46 PT Tech crews continue to work in the area to restore services.
07/15/2022 10:20 PT On-site technicians continue working diligently to resolve this outage.
07/15/2022 07:20 PT Due to the complexity of this outage, our technicians are still working to resolve.
07/15/2022 01:15 PT Technicians are on site working to restore service as quickly as possible. No ETA at this time but we will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates when available.
07/15/2022 00:21 PT

Our teams are looking into it. Please stay tuned for updates.

===================================

Weird. i am curious on why cut off internet for 3 areas.

If this continue , near future they will say they are waiting for parts from china from ship and we have to wait for a week for internet.

What a sham WEST turn into

0 Kudos

@LivingGod Services in Surrey, BC have been stabilized an...

shaw-daniel

@LivingGod Services in Surrey, BC have been stabilized and the issue is now resolved. If you still experience any service interruption, please contact us here. We thank you for your patience during the interruption.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help