Not Receiving All Shaw Email

Not applicable

A friend texted me today saying he replied to an email that I had sent him earlier today and had gotten an undeliverable reply.

He texted me the message he got back, which listed all three Shaw emails that I had included in my original, but not the fourth address which was NOT a Shaw account, nor the other non-Shaw emails that my friend had added onto his reply:

<address1@shaw.ca>: host smtp.glb.shawcable.net[64.59.134.8]) said: 550 5.1.0 <friend'saddress@me.com> sender rejected (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

<address2@shaw.ca>: host smtp.glb.shawcable.net[64.59.134.8]) said: 550 5.1.0 <friend'saddress@me.com> sender rejected (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

<address3@shaw.ca>: host smtp.glb.shawcable.net[64.59.134.8]) said: 550 5.1.0 <friend'saddress@me.com> sender rejected (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Again, it did NOT list any of the non-Shaw emails.

Was also doing some online banking last night, and one of them had a message saying they needed a valid email for my account - it had been the Shaw one and had been working fine for over two years now. So they too had tried to send me something and had gotten rejected?

Are Shaw's mail filters getting overly aggressive and filtering out legit email? Or is one of your mail servers getting blacklisted? Or is something getting flakey at your end?

NOTE: My friend just tried to send it to me again - it never arrived (and I checked though webmail as well), and yet I've been getting other emails during this time. He was able to send it another non-Shaw email address of mine, so not something at his end.
And TWICE NOW, my Mac Mail program has popped up a message asking for my password for my Shaw account, and yet other times it is getting email no problem?

WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!

Labels (1)
1 Reply

Re: Not Receiving All Shaw Email

shaw-tony

Hey georgelangley,

Thank you for reaching out! I took a quick look at one of your email addresses through Community and see it may be a password issue (password is not strong enough) and your email program is causing some authentication issues. I will recommend updating your password to something very strong through your MyShaw login with the steps here. Once you have updated your passwords, please also update your Mac Mail program with the new password to ensure there are no new pop-ups asking for the password. That should unlock your account for emails to come in. Keep me posted on how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help