I have not done any troubleshooting or contacted Shaw, bu...

rstra
Grand Master

@Hudson-Guy I have not done any troubleshooting or contacted Shaw, but I am noticing the same issue with Kijiji as well as eBay. I suspect it is an issue with Shaw servers because their filters tend to go rogue at times and start blocking randomly. My Nest and IFTTT emails now are being put in the junk folder, but not being tagged as junk.

I won’t be contacting tech support, no point in having them ask me to power cycle my modem or book a service call. I will see if I can get another Shaw contact to look in to this problem.

I'm having  the exact same problem too with Kijiji email,...

Foden7
Grasshopper

I'm having  the exact same problem too with Kijiji email, possibly others but wouldn't know

0 Kudos

--  something source-related changed overnight that only...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Hudson-Guy --  something source-related changed overnight that only Shaw or Kijiji has access to.

I agree.

> Changing a setting on Shaw Webmail or any other application only changes how that application interacts with the Shaw mail servers.

I disagree. Changing your "spam-filtering" happens to be done through the Shaw WebMail interface, but it affects which incoming messages are being discarded, instead of being stored on Shaw's mail-server.  As you indicate, if a message has been deleted from Shaw's mail-server, it is not available to any E-mail "client" application.

> Shaw's mail server spam settings (configured by Shaw not customers) is filtering/blocking Kijiji email for some reason.

I partially disagree. Use the Shaw WebMail portal to change your spam-filtering. You probably are correct -- Shaw's spam-filtering is discarding the messages. That is the information that KIJIJI sent to you.

> Yesterday, I received a reply from Kijiji technical support in response to my inquiry about this ongoing email issue. They continue to insist that Shaw is blocking Kijiji email and state they are trying to work with Shaw to resolve the problem.

That is good news.

> Has anyone received any sort of acknowledgement from Shaw [that] a problem exists, and that they are working with Kijiji???

I have not. However, this discussion forum does not have a lot of participants. So, your messages probably have only been seen by a very-small audience. If none of them try to sell through KIJIJI, you are unlikely to get a "me too" response on this forum.

0 Kudos

"no point in having them ask me to power cycle my modem o...

Foden7
Grasshopper

"no point in having them ask me to power cycle my modem or book a service call🤣

Just for shiggles I checked Kijiji's SPF records, a good candidate for having email blocked, and they are fine

100% agree it's the filters on Shaw's side that are causing this issue

0 Kudos

I believe the issue has been confirmed as a Shaw configur...

Foden7
Grasshopper

I believe the issue has been confirmed as a Shaw configuration change that has lead to Kijiji, and possibly other emails, being blocked by Shaw. No amount of local changes to your email client is going to fix, or indeed create, this issue

For now I've changed my kijiji email address to a gmail one and setup forward for any mail from @RTS.kijiji.ca or @kijiji.ca. It works as I received an 'email change' confirmation email

0 Kudos

GREAT feedback Foden7. I may have to revisit the mail for...

Hudson-Guy
Grasshopper

GREAT feedback Foden7. I may have to revisit the mail forwarding idea. I tried the mail forwarding arrangement a few days ago using my existing Hotmail email address but Kijiji rejects Hotmail addresses during setup so I had to abandon that idea. I will need to get a gmail account if I proceed with mail forwarding since you have had success with your setup. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

No worries, hope it helps.   I have received an email fro...

Foden7
Grasshopper

No worries, hope it helps.

I have received an email from kijiji via my regular email address. However, it was 4 hours after it was sent!

I have been receiving ALL my kijiji emails in real time, matching almost the kijiji web messenger and the app

Time for Shae to pull their finger out and resolve their issue, maybe they should power-cycle their DC 🤣

0 Kudos

We have a similar issue with emails delivered via by our...

corinnek2020
Grasshopper

We have a similar issue with emails delivered via by our accounts hosted at hostpapa.  Occasionally, and seemingly randomly,  emails from that domain don't get delivered to any shaw addresses.  They are not spam trapped ... they are rejected.  Shaw tech support claimed that there was no filtering ahead of that which would land email in my spam folders on webmail but that's a load of crap.

The rejected messages contain information relating to shw-central.mx.a.cloudfilter.net which I guess is where the message is getting blocked.

Hostpapa says this happens to many of their clients and has something to do with their (shared) mail servers getting blocked by Shaw.  They have given me a list of server ips that they would like Shaw to whitelist, but I really have no idea who to talk to about that.  Not tech support, I don't imagine, since they seem to be completely unaware of this cloudfilter.

The point being ... that Shaw is maybe is perhaps (overly?) cautious about shared ip addresses and this could be the problem for many of you who report this issue.

Unfortunately Shaw are very unlikely to do anything with...

Foden7
Grasshopper

Unfortunately Shaw are very unlikely to do anything with information passed on by a third-party, no matter how sound it it. They affected companies would have to contact Shaw directly and formally request the changes. After much checking blah blah blah, Shaw would then make their own determination as to whether, or not, to do so. I would guess the latter at this point in time

0 Kudos

I switched Kijiji to Gmail and my notifications are comin...

rstra
Grand Master

I switched Kijiji to Gmail and my notifications are coming through now. I haven’t switched ebay yet because I am in the middle of a transaction and not sure if that will mess it up.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help