Jump to solution

Oops you've flown too far

Therobs1
Grasshopper

Can't watch wpg jets on free range app because my telus phone ip address is in toronto...but i am in winnipeg..so i get black out.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Which are blocked -- their home games or their away games...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Which are blocked -- their home games or their away games?

Are you accessing FreeRange via a WiFi connection from your mobile-device to your Shaw cable-modem, or are you using "data" (and also "roaming") on your mobile-device?

If the latter, the Toronto Maple Leafs get to protect their local market, by blocking access to "out of market" games, because your telephone-number implies that you are physically in Toronto.

Similarly, many Flames and Oilers TV-broadcasted games on "Sportsnet West" are blocked for Shaw TV subscribers to "Sportsnet Pacific", to protect the rights of the Vancouver Canucks -- "regional restrictions apply" is what is displayed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

Which are blocked -- their home games or their away games...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Which are blocked -- their home games or their away games?

Are you accessing FreeRange via a WiFi connection from your mobile-device to your Shaw cable-modem, or are you using "data" (and also "roaming") on your mobile-device?

If the latter, the Toronto Maple Leafs get to protect their local market, by blocking access to "out of market" games, because your telephone-number implies that you are physically in Toronto.

Similarly, many Flames and Oilers TV-broadcasted games on "Sportsnet West" are blocked for Shaw TV subscribers to "Sportsnet Pacific", to protect the rights of the Vancouver Canucks -- "regional restrictions apply" is what is displayed.

TALK TO US
We're here to help