Playing back PVR recordings over Blue Curve web site or iOS app (iPhone or iPad)

VE4KHS
Grasshopper

I would like to understand why subject play back frequently times out at https://bluecurvetv.shaw.ca. This occurs even on my home WIFI which is also provided by my BlueCurve modem/router.

Does this playback data actually come from my BlueCurve PVR over my local WIFI, or is it using some convoluted round trip to Shaw's network? I would like to understand why the time outs occur so often no matter which device I use or where I connect to WIFI.

Thanks in advance for any information on this...

Cheers,

a Shaw customer since Shaw existed.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

I haven't heard of any reports of this issue, are you abl...

shaw-tony

@VE4KHS I haven't heard of any reports of this issue, are you able to include a screenshot of the timeout error you are seeing? The playback from your PVR recordings indeed loop back to your devices through the internet.

0 Kudos

Hi Tony, thanks for your response. I sent you a screen sh...

VE4KHS
Grasshopper

Hi Tony, thanks for your response.

I sent you a screen shot of the error in a separate message. Only rarely have I ever gone more than five minutes without seeing the dreaded "attempting to resume" message -- which often lasts several minutes before clearing up. 

Given the architecture you describe, inefficiency in network operations seems a highly likely source of the problem. Surely, your engineers could come up with some means to create direct communications with the gateway rather than going x-thousand-kilometres to Shaw HQ and back... 

0 Kudos

I didn't see any messages with your screenshot. Can you r...

shaw-tony

@VE4KHS I didn't see any messages with your screenshot. Can you resend it? Thank you for the feedback regarding our architecture, I will pass this along to our engineers.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help