Please! Update now and then the job custoerms have re: spam

whomever
Grasshopper

After wasting more time @Wmail, it seems people that write instructions at Shaw should practice what they post, or delete old, archaic time-wasters.

The instructions at Shaw Webmail: Introduction to email filters and spam settings may look good on paper, but try #3.

Which version of Windows 10 can we really see "Click Preferences and select Spam" because it's not on my, or a friends screen, or are we no longer permitted to make those decisions too?

Tested with 3 flavours of Linux, Win 10, Win 7 and stopped blocking the 99+ Shaw stalkers and still don't see "Spam" to click on. 

Shaw disabled our ability to deal with Spam under My Shaw > Email > email accounts, and have they disabled it in web mail settings as well and the FAQ is a ruse?

~w~

p.s. Congratulations on upgrading this forums (community) GUI. But it does have it's way of deciding for me what colours to use. Perhaps it's because it's a standard American system - spelling is.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

-- try #3 What I see within Shaw WebMail: So, Shaw's ins...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@whomever -- try #3

What I see within Shaw WebMail:

Capture.JPG

So, Shaw's instructions do work for me.

0 Kudos

First, it's not you. I get it, you want to keep the sun s...

whomever
Grasshopper

First, it's not you. I get it, you want to keep the sun shining out Shaw's      but I can read.  There is NO, none, nada, zip word SPAM on either of my two screens (One Win 7 no stalkers allowed, and TWO Windows 10 stalkers allowed, then again with stalkers blocked) and Shaws MY screen! So even on both, as a test only, Shaw was allowed to peek at my History, take note of all my hardware MACs, location, and how long I've been in this location (in case I'm mobile), reported my presence to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more, and all that for no extra charge. Gee - Shaw is so generous! So, bare bones, still NO "Spam" word on that screen. - neither, not the 'delet-it' one you suggest, nor the in my OP.

Any way, that's doing SHAW's job for them. All that does is burden millions (or hundreds now?) of Shaw customers to put spam into it's own  little cubby-hole to rot in there. Does NOTHING to stop the same exact IP from sending spam every day, with more - because nothing is being done  to prevent it. Just deleting it, or storing it for safe keeping only prevent customers from using that time to move on.

The screen #3 you suggest doesn't address the outdated or "looks good on paper" fix Shaw has on their site. They should TEST their own fixes instead if guessing what might work.

In short, they have done nothing except place the burden on the customer to deal with with Spam using Shaw's incorrect time-waster suggestions.

Just changing a email password takes 5 agents to figure out how (It did yesterday - and it's still not changed.) Faith in  Shaw's abilities has gone from 100 to 2 in just 5 months out of the 280 months I've been a customer. Shame on Shaw.

Your Try # 3 does not address the missing issue I put in the OP. Your suggestion could be quicker if you just said delete the spam. 

In short then, Shaw tossed customers to the sharks to deal with spam. Hope their hand are clean.

not work most.JPG

0 Kudos

-- in the most-recent image that you posted, the backgrou...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@whomever -- in the most-recent image that you posted, the background-highlighting was on the word "General".

Move your mouse-pointer down, past the word "Accounts", and then click on "Mail". Then, click on "Spam".

QED

0 Kudos

Works in Chrome, but not in Edge.   In Edge: Click Prefe...

whomever
Grasshopper

Works in Chrome, but not in Edge.  

In Edge:

1. Click Preferences
  2. Click Mail
  3. Click spam... er, um what "Spam". 

Your "try #3" just deletes the Spam without sending it to Trash first. It does nothing to address the real issue of suddenly the 'assests' being inundated with the invasion of insults and scams.

Whatever, it's just as easy to right-click on the Spam and select delete and if one is security conscious, would deletes trash on exit.

I stopped volunteering for Shaw by sending spam, scams. and fraud to reportspam@shaw.ca because all it did was waste my time extracting the headers and content for Shaw. And the same frauds (1 pretending to be Shaw to reset my password)  still arrives now and then from the same IP! The same IP! That means, when I see that IP on RBLs and it's coming into my Shaw inbox, that someone isn't using RBLs, or don't know how. It is "evidenced".

It's not "Solved", won't be until it is evidenced that RBLs are in force. It's a shame, Shaw use to be so good.

~w~

in response to the other post, beans are an asset too, but in today's world, no matter how it's disguised, people are the product.

0 Kudos

-- Works in Chrome, but not in Edge It works for me, usin...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@whomever -- Works in Chrome, but not in Edge

It works for me, using the current release of Microsoft Edge: Version 90.0.818.56 (Official build) (64-bit). I cannot trouble-shoot your computer -- that is something that you'll have to do for yourself.

Note that Microsoft Edge is now (since January 2020) built on top of the "Chromium" open source, as is Google Chrome. So, if it works with one web-browser, it should work with the other.

> 'assests' 

attests? asses?  Did Microsoft "snoop" on your computer, and did its "spell-check" allow you to type those characters?

0 Kudos

@mdk  @mdk wrote: @whomever -- Works in Chrome, but not i...

whomever
Grasshopper

@mdk 
@mdk wrote:

@mdk wrote:

MDK > I cannot trouble-shoot your computer -- that is something that you'll have to do for yourself.

Have no fear of that ever being requested.

{brevity}

MDK > > 'assests' 
MDK >> attests? asses?  Did Microsoft "snoop" on your computer, and did its "spell-check" allow you to type those characters?

Nope. FYI, this 'forum' doesn't use individuals spell checker. The persons that downloaded this forum and installed it did not switch the default language from Americanese to English. Why would they? They probably think Canada is just another state. Any spell checkers I do use - all use English. 
I don't have Microsoft -stuff- here except a well edited and personally groomed O/S. 

Lastly, "assests" is clearly a typo with a red underline denoting a spelling error - one red line I simply did not see and I think a picayune point. Like the one under colour. Too, anyone can dload the free English version for this forum. Let me know if they need help.

~w~

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help