Jump to solution

Pod Firmware Update (Gen 1 pods)

kenohrn
Grasshopper

Hi:

Does anyone know the purpose of this update?

Feb 1-24, 2021 | Firmware Update for Fibre+ WiFi P... - Shaw Support

And the new FW identification?  Two of mine show 3.0.0.103-32-g3b85811-prod-ys 

I have a third pod, not normally installed. I'd hate for it to miss this update since I may decide to use it some day in the future.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Don’t know what the firmware is for, but: ”The WiFi Pods...

rstra
Grand Master

Don’t know what the firmware is for, but:

The WiFi Pods must be plugged in for 72 hours to receive the firmware update. If a WiFi Pod is not plugged in to receive the firmware update, it will stop working as of February 25, 2021. If this firmware update is missed, you will need to contact us to have the hardware replaced”

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

Don’t know what the firmware is for, but: ”The WiFi Pods...

rstra
Grand Master

Don’t know what the firmware is for, but:

The WiFi Pods must be plugged in for 72 hours to receive the firmware update. If a WiFi Pod is not plugged in to receive the firmware update, it will stop working as of February 25, 2021. If this firmware update is missed, you will need to contact us to have the hardware replaced”

Jump to solution

I plugged in my third pod and connected it to the network...

kenohrn
Grasshopper

I plugged in my third pod and connected it to the network.

Its firmware was 2.4.3 . . .(etc).  An hour later it had become 3.0.0 . . (etc), the same as the other two. 

The pods' OEM is Plume, and their firmware release notes are HERE.  (PowerPod is the old Shaw pod; the new one is called "SuperPod")

A few sample issues fixed in the new firmware tell me that these pods are not exactly stable proven devices

• Bug Fix - Resolved potential memory leak
  • Bug Fix - Fix 2.4G radio beacon loss
Jump to solution

I replaced my three pack of power pods with one super pod...

rickatk
Master

I replaced my three pack of power pods with one super pod in one room that need the service for sure. My network is pod balanced and running along nicely.

TALK TO US
We're here to help