Pod Troubleshooting

kenohrn
Grasshopper

Hi:  found this morning that wifi speeds were in the 400 Kbps range for any device on a pod. I restarted the BlueCurve Gateway, pods, and all devices. No change. 

These same devices connected via wifi directly to the Gateway are getting 150-300 Mbps speeds. 

I cannot find the Troubleshooting or Help Me Fix It section of the Shaw Bluecurve Home app on desktop or on iPhone. 

To reconnect the pod:

1. Open the BlueCurve Home web portal or mobile app (Apple App Store or Google Play).
  2. Under the offline Pod's name, click or tap Help Me Fix It.
  3. Click or tap the Pod that you would like to fix, then click or tap Troubleshoot.
  4. Follow the troubleshooting steps to ensure the Pod is plugged in and clear of any obstructions.
  5. If your Pod is securely plugged in and clear, try unplugging the Pod for a moment, then plug it back in.
  6. Confirm that the power light is on after plugging in the Pod.
    • If the light is on, wait two minutes for the Pod to reconnect.
    • If the light is off, try plugging the pod into a different wall outlet.
  7. Click or tap Retest Connection. The app will check to see if your Pods are online.
  8. Click or tap Close to finish. 

If the Pod is still offline, use BlueCurve Home to remove the Pod from your network, then use BlueCurve Home to add the Pod back to the network.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

-- what is the distance (and the number of walls/ceilings...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kenohrn -- what is the distance (and the number of walls/ceilings/floors) between the BlueCurve and the pod?

Can you temporarily move the pod a little closer to the BlueCurve?

It might be poor signal-strength between the BlueCurve and the pod.

What signal-strength do you get when you power-off the pod, and try to make a WiFi connection from your computer to the BlueCurve, while standing next to the Pod? Run the Shaw SpeedTest on that computer, and tell us the results.

0 Kudos

Hi mdk:   The pods have been in place and not moved for a...

kenohrn
Grasshopper

Hi mdk:

The pods have been in place and not moved for around a month now.  Performance has been fine until yesterday, when it dropped off to unusable.

Nothing was changed.  So the problem is not likely to be with pods location or distance spacing.

0 Kudos

Hi All: Last night I went into the admin software for our...

kenohrn
Grasshopper

Hi All:

Last night I went into the admin software for our BlueCurve router and turned off the wifi radios and then turned them back on again.  The problem cleared, and wifi is again usable. It is still usable this morning (10 hours later).

This improvement did not occur when I rebooted the BlueCurve router earlier yesterday. 

I suspect either the router is occasionally losing radio signal strength, or else one or more of the pods is failing to maintain connection to the router. 

--  So the problem is not likely to be with pods location...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kenohrn --  So the problem is not likely to be with pods location or distance spacing.

The best way to solve a problem is by "experimenting" -- trying a suggestion, rather than predicting "not likely".

> I suspect either the router is occasionally losing radio signal strength

Depending on where you live (condo? apartment? suburban home? country mansion?) I suspect that there might have been a newly-installed WiFi device in your vicinity that was creating "interference" on the wireless channel that the pods & BlueCurve were using. So, restarting the pods might have caused them to choose a "better" channel, with less interference, and the result is a return to "normal" performance. Now that the pods have been rebooted, it's too late to tell which channel they were using. But, it's not too late to record the band (2.4 Ghz? 5 Ghz?) and the channel that the pods are currently using, should the symptoms resurface.

TALK TO US
We're here to help