Pods quit

rstra
Grand Master

My pods are no longer working or have very slow to no connection. Tried resetting and repositioning them, but the only thing that works is unplugging the pods and connecting direct to the BlueCurve modem. Anyone else have any issues? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

-- if the Pods work when "wired", but not when "wireless"...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- if the Pods work when "wired", but not when "wireless", either all your pods simultaneously have a problem with their WiFi adapter, or the BlueCurve has a problem with WiFi adapters that support its "hidden" WiFi SSID(s).

Do you have other WiFi devices, e.g., iPad, iPhone, Alexa, that are getting full-strength WiFi signals, or are they similarly affected?

Contact Shaw, to get them to remotely logon to your BlueCurve to check it out, or to get Shaw to ship you a replacement BlueCurve.

0 Kudos

I am talking about the BlueCurve mesh network wifi pods.

rstra
Grand Master

I am talking about the BlueCurve mesh network wifi pods. 

0 Kudos

Decided to send them back to Shaw. They worked fine for a...

rstra
Grand Master

Decided to send them back to Shaw. They worked fine for about a year and then they started making my wifi worse. Repositioning didn’t help.

0 Kudos

-- They worked fine for about a year and then they starte...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- They worked fine for about a year and then they started making my wifi worse. 

Do you have any new neigbours, who either added WiFi (maybe, "accidentally", as they upgraded from a "grandfathered" account to a Value Plan, and got a new, WiFi-enabled modem, or did they switch from Telus WiFi to Shaw WiFi, or vice-versa? Such changes could affect your WiFi "cloud".

> Repositioning didn't help.

If they temporarily are in the same room as your BlueCurve, and you still have problems, then try replacing the BlueCurve..

Have you tried using the "free-trial" version of NetStumbler, to sniff all the local WiFi networks?

Or, the free edition of the SPECCY software also does an inventory of reachable WiFi hot-spots.

0 Kudos

No, I don’t have any neighbours close enough to affect my...

rstra
Grand Master

No, I don’t have any neighbours close enough to affect my wifi and my BC actually seems to be working better than before I got the pods.

TALK TO US
We're here to help