PODS

RedRiver
Grasshopper

I am really frustrated with the shaw blue curve gateway. support seems to have no understanding of how they work.

I have 3 pods installed at my house. one is 25' from gateway, next two are another 25' from the first pod. the pods that are 50' from gateway still connect to gateway .. not to the one 25' out. do these pods not extend?

I have a consitent problem with the tv boxes needed to be rebooted. at times the gateway also needs to be rebooted for the signals to the tv to work.

At times the tv that is 60' from gateway bypasses both the pods in its pathway and connects directly to the gateway. with very poor connectivity

Would appreciate help.....

Do I need to move to bell?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

I'm sorry to hear of your ongoing frustrations. Have you...

shaw-tony

@RedRiver I'm sorry to hear of your ongoing frustrations. Have you tried to relocate your modem or the pods to see if they are reconnecting? If you've already contacted support and tried all the troubleshooting steps. I'd recommend contacting us again to schedule a tech visit to investigate or swap out the equipment.

0 Kudos

Your gateway should be centrally located. The pods should...

rickatk
Master

@shaw-tony wrote:

@RedRiver I'm sorry to hear of your ongoing frustrations. Have you tried to relocate your modem or the pods to see if they are reconnecting? If you've already contacted support and tried all the troubleshooting steps. I'd recommend contacting us again to schedule a tech visit to investigate or swap out the equipment.

Your gateway should be centrally located. The pods should not be relied upon to act as multiple relay points, they should only relay to the Gateway, not to another pod. Finally, you need to let your pods settle in and do their adaptive learning procedure, which can take up to a week. I found 24-48 hours is usually enough. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help