My screenshot, same thing for app and the website

boff89
Grasshopper

My screenshot, same thing for app and the website

image.png

0 Kudos

I don't like that you guys changed it so that I have to l...

raz4
Grasshopper

I don't like that you guys changed it so that I have to log in to Shaw's site to forward ports. Usually this is a router issue accessible and changeable from the router page. 10.0.0 etc.

My software firewall was set to block direct communication within my lan, this includes the router, so that's why the shaw blue curve app wasn't working for me at all.

Also, the main problem with your new way of forwarding ports is it only allows you to forward them to the devices that are detected, and this list is limited. If I run a VM it doesn't show up in the list of lan devices to forward ports to any of those devices.

You must fix this by allowing people to set any internal ip to which to forward ports. That way, I don't have to register a specific device with a specific ip, then change this to a dynamic ip, then, for the device running behind a VM, then I'd have to manually set it to use the internal ip for which forwarding is enabled.

That's a current workaround. But you could fix it for everyone by allowing me to set the ip to forward ports to, rather than picking the device from a list. The list doesn't show all devices. It's annoying. It definitely never shows vms, even though vms get an internal ip from the DHCP server of the router, like all other devices. 

So, again, lol, get rid of the list and add a system where we can add the internal ips manually for which to forward ports for our game servers.

@Themikeberg @trevorbradley @Eran @MikeMixxFM @GigiB @Rob...

shaw-tony

@Themikeberg @trevorbradley @Eran @MikeMixxFM @GigiB @Robert27 @boff89 @trevorbradley 

I've sent some of your information up, a pinhole factory reset may bring back the page. If it does please provide the following as well:

Device IP:
Device MAC:
Ports being forwarded:
Any additional screenshots if the page loads:

@raz4 Thank you for the feedback, again the firmware/updates for the modem UI is no longer supported by the vendor. In order for the settings to be available, we had to bring it to the app/website.

This issue is tracked under INC0872703. Your details and patience are appreciated.

0 Kudos

What the hell did you guys do? I didn't have any problem...

raz4
Grasshopper

What the hell did you guys do? I didn't have any problem loading the shaw config site and now I do. It says "gateway is disconnected" in what is clearly a **bleep** overlay, now I can't change any settings.

You guys are the worst, seriously the WORST internet provider ivd ever had to deal with. No, my router isn't disconnected, I haven't changed anything on it, yet now it does not work anymore. I can't get around the stupid overlay which suggests that my gateway is disconnected, though all my devices have internet access. 

Stop breaking my stuff. Someone should get fired for this crap.

0 Kudos

-- This is a peer-to-peer discussion (and "rant") forum,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@raz4 -- This is a peer-to-peer discussion (and "rant") forum, not a path to Shaw Support.

While reading this message, scroll-down to see:

Capture-Shaw-Your-Voice.JPG

and submit your feedback directly to Shaw, by clicking the "Your Voice" hyperlink.

0 Kudos

It's ok, just had to restart my router!

raz4
Grasshopper

It's ok, just had to restart my router!

0 Kudos

@Themikeberg @trevorbradley @Eran @MikeMixxFM @GigiB @Rob...

shaw-tony

@Themikeberg @trevorbradley @Eran @MikeMixxFM @GigiB @Robert27 @boff89 @trevorbradley @raz4 

With our continuing investigation, we are looking for the details above and additionally:

• What is the App version you are using?
  • Device platform (Android or iOS)?
  • Web-version, what browser are you using and version number?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

I can't even see port forwarding on the web app or the mo...

kisinger
Grasshopper

I can't even see port forwarding on the web app or the mobile. nothing shows up under "more" this is junk

0 Kudos

have you tried a pinhole reset to see if it will bring ba...

shaw-tony

@kisinger have you tried a pinhole reset to see if it will bring back the options? It should be there.

0 Kudos

Hi, I have been having very similar issues in finding my...

JKalra
Grasshopper

Hi,

I have been having very similar issues in finding my surveillance camera system on the network - which worked fine until we switched to BlueCurve. It is wired to the router via an ethernet cable and I can see the camera view on the client software on my PC - however I need to port forward the device to be able to view in on our phones as well - which I cannot seem to do as the device does not show up on the dropdown list for port forwarding available devices. When I talked to support via chat, he said that if the device does not show up in that list - they cannot do anything - which seems weird. I just noticed this chat and I see that a lot of other people are having similar issues. I see a note regarding ipV6 addresses - and my unit has both an ipV6 and and ipV4 address - see screen show below of network setting from the device:

HIK NVR settings.png

I need to be able to port forward to that port and address 10.0.0.131 - which I have been struggling with now for two weeks

Jatinder

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help