Printer not Connecting to Wifi

ambiegirl24
Grasshopper

I just got Shaw internet set up and since then my printer won't connect to the wifi, it can find my wifi name but after i type in the password and it tries connecting, it tells me 'Connecting failed'. All my other devices are able to connect to the internet. I've rebooted and factory reset my router, unplugged it and my printer for 30 seconds but nothing seems to work.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Re: Printer not Connecting to Wifi

Hey ambiegirl24,

Thank you for reaching out! If your other devices are connecting to the Shaw Internet, then it should be working as expected. We aren't able to provide support for third-party equipment so you might want to get in touch with your printer manufacturer for further assistance, but maybe there is someone on Community who has had a similar issue and can chime in. What is the make and model of the printer you have?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

ambiegirl24
Grasshopper

My printer was able to connect to my previous internet provider but sure, I'll see if others have had a similar issue.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

My first thought is that the printer may not support WPA2..  Only WPA, but just a guess.

If that is the case, WPA may be able to be enabled.

Otherwise check for a firmware update for your printer.  What is the printer model?

Might also try setting it up with WPS

TALK TO US
Need more help?