Problems

Nancyo
Grasshopper

I have just lived thru the week from hell

installed blue curve wouldn’t talk to my pc. Finally I just reinstalled my old equipment and now to get my internet working with OLD equipment and less features and channels. They want to charge me more almost forty dollars a month more.  Ridiculous. Telus here I come after more than thirty years with 

Shaw!   I still have no internet because I wouldn’t agree to pay more

for less.  

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- installed blue curve wouldn’t talk to my pc. Finally I...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Nancyo -- installed blue curve wouldn’t talk to my pc. Finally I just reinstalled my old equipment and now to get my internet working with OLD equipment and less features and channels.

It is unfortunate that it did not work out with you.

You did not post many details about what "would not talk to my PC" really means.

Did you connect with an Ethernet cable (preferably labelled "CAT-5e" or "CAT-6") ?

Did you connect wirelessly, using the SSID and password displayed on the label on the BlueCurve device?

Did you reboot your computer, and try to connect?

Have you set your computer's networking configuration to some "fixed", but incompatible, values? Can you reset it to "automatic" ?

Which cable-modem do you have? Cisco? Hitron? BlueCurve? or something "legacy" ?

What speed were you getting before you tried to upgrade?

To contrast, I am happy with my Hitron cable-modem/router, which delivers the 300 Mbps as per my "Two-Year Value Plan", and with my Shaw Gateway PVR, and with the "Total TV" lineup of TV channels. Including Shaw Phone and Voice Mail, I am paying just over $200/month for TV/Internet/phone. What are you paying? Month-to-month, or Two-Year Value Plan?

HELL  with SHAW's Internet Blue Curve Gateway for the Int...

Beano_1
Grasshopper

HELL  with SHAW's Internet Blue Curve Gateway for the Internet  is supposed to be awesome..  not true..I had a speed test  taken with the wi-fi... Ping is 15.. download a very miserable 4.54 while the upload is great at 26.28. Then I discovered Starbucks  internet less than a block away is be much better download enabling me to watch other people use sign language in conversational mode  much more clearly. I am fighting this issue with Shaw next Tuesday when they have a tech coming in.. I will shove them to the curve... because tommorow I am in an online zoom conference all day,, half will use my iphone as hotspot and other at Starbucks. I would love to charge my overuse date charges of my iphone to Shaw after I get the bill. 

-- download a very miserable 4.54  Disconnect any other d...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Beano_1 -- download a very miserable 4.54 

Disconnect any other devices connected by Ethernet to your BlueCurve, leaving just your one computer connected.

Turn off any WiFi devices that are connected to your BlueCurve.

Open the Windows "Task Manager", and switch to the "Performance Tab", and click on the "Ethernet" icon.

At this point, Is there any Ethernet activity shown in the graph?

Any flashing-lamps on the BlueCurve?

Any flashing-lamp immediately adjacent to where the Ethernet cable connects to your computer?

Now, minimize the Task Manager window, and launch the Shaw SpeedTest.

Immediately, restore the Task Manager window, and observe the real-time speed during the Speed Test. Results?

By the way, is the Ethernet cable connected to your computer a "CAT-5" or "CAT-5e" or "CAT-6" cable? If you have Shaw 150, or faster, that CAT-5 cable will "bottle-neck" your connection to 100 Mbps -- replace it.

TALK TO US
We're here to help