PVR recordings drop sound after connecting Bluecurve PODS

JeffUnich
Grasshopper

I recently got the BlueCurve pods and connected them with no issue throughout my house. The very next day we started noticing that our PVR recordings started dropping sound, randomly, for 2 sec throughout the recording (happens on every channel). This seemed to increase as time went on, and the only thing that changed was that I installed the BlueCurve Pods throughout my house. 

I tried disconnecting and reinstalling the pods but got the same issue.  I've disconnected all of the pods, and no more issues with losing sound on the PVR.  Has anyone come across this issue and found a successful remedy? I would like to have the pods for the dead zones in my house but it's not worth the annoyance of losing sound on every recording.

Labels (1)
12 Replies

I haven't heard of any reports of this issue. Does it onl...

shaw-tony

@JeffUnich I haven't heard of any reports of this issue. Does it only happen with recordings or do you notice the problem with live TV as well? It may just be a configuration issue. Can you set up just 1 POD to see if the audio drops again?

0 Kudos

It only happens with the recordings, watching live TV doe...

JeffUnich
Grasshopper

It only happens with the recordings, watching live TV doesn't have an issue.  

0 Kudos

hmm, that is very odd. From that, it might be an issue wi...

shaw-tony

@JeffUnich hmm, that is very odd. From that, it might be an issue with the hard drive. Can you try activating just 1 pod to see if it happens?

0 Kudos

I have one pod connected. No issues yet. I'll report back...

JeffUnich
Grasshopper

I have one pod connected. No issues yet. I'll report back in a week, and try installing the other two pods

0 Kudos

Sound dropping on recorded shows

Dave_Mac
Grasshopper

We got the Blue Curve a couple of weeks ago and everything worked fine until a couple of days ago. Now when we watch any recorded show the sound drops out for a couple of seconds then comes back.  We have multiple TV's and have tried watching the same recorded show on all of them and the sound drops out on all TV's

0 Kudos

it may be a signal related issue. I checked your account...

shaw-tony

@Dave_Mac it may be a signal related issue. I checked your account and see the signal is indeed a bit off-spec. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

0 Kudos

Re: Sound dropping on recorded shows

Dave_Mac
Grasshopper

I've powered off/on the router and each TV pod, haven't had time to test to see if that worked but will get back to you when it has been tested to see if that fixed the problem.

0 Kudos

sounds good, keep me posted.

shaw-tony

@Dave_Mac sounds good, keep me posted.

0 Kudos

Same here.  No sound on recorded programs only. Live sche...

Neil13
Grasshopper

Same here.  No sound on recorded programs only. Live schedule.  No issue 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help