READY TO LEAVE SHAW !!!!

JaniceProcyshen
Grasshopper

We are so fed up with Shaw, it all started over a year ago when our internet quit working, this was last winter. I called and they sent someone up who to make a long story short said they need to bring someone up to do directional drilling and bring it into our house a different way, because this was winter they strung cable all over the yard and said it would have to do until summer when they could come up when the ground was thawed, I called a few times as I hadn't heard from them, was told we were on the list and should be getting a call, called again after not hearing from them and summer was almost over and told it wouldn't be happening that summer. Still looking at ugly cable in the yard and I look after kids so this is not ideal. I hadn't heard from them and called again over a month ago and was told they would call me back, no call so called over a week ago and was livid by then (can you blame me) talked to a nice man who just started working for Shaw in the fall,he gave me hope and promised he would call me back and he was getting me an answer, he said 3 or 4 days, is has been 10 days so I gave up hope. I had called to cancel cable my original call and was offered a better rate so signed for 2 years, a day later this crap started. I pay my bill on time and am livid right now, I am calling shaw again today and I pity the person who answers the phone !!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

I'm very sorry for the poor experience you've had. We def...

shaw-tony

@JaniceProcyshen I'm very sorry for the poor experience you've had. We definitely want to ensure your services are working as expected and the cable is buried. I appreciate your patience while we schedule a maintenance team on this. For you reference the RMS ticket number is 00303603. If you are still experiencing some trouble with your services currently, we can schedule a technician over to make adjustments outside your home as they are unable to enter homes at this time due to the pandemic. 

0 Kudos

Now I have been promised so many times that honestly I am...

JaniceProcyshen
Grasshopper

Now I have been promised so many times that honestly I am not holding  my breath, it is all working good so no need to come in but honestly if you wait to enter anyone's house until the pandemic is over it may be months. So you gave me a ticket # what does this mean? Are we on the list to have it done this summer because honestly we are not going through 2 full summers having this cable around the yard, we keep getting calls from Telus about tv and I also know there are other choices, I am tempted to not even pay my bill this month as we have not been satisfied and spent too much time on phone or on hold to empty promises, then when I do talk to someone they tell me they don't have record of my calls ughhhh

0 Kudos

> you gave me a ticket #. What does this mean? The Shaw e...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> you gave me a ticket #. What does this mean?

The Shaw employee should be able to review that ticket, to see what updates have been made.

>  I also know there are other choices, I am tempted to not even pay my bill this month

A few months ago, when Telus employees came to my front-door, to try to convince me to switch, they promised to "buy me out" of my current two-year Value Plan, if I were to switch.  So, you might still be able to get Telus to pay your bill. 🙂

> when I do talk to someone they tell me they don't have record of my calls.

Sigh. That's bad performance by that employee.  Cite the ticket # at the start of each conversation.

Keep a record of how the Shaw employee first greets you, e.g., "hello, I am Beyoncé in Spuzzum". Then, if you later get the "no record" response, say "I contacted her on date/time/timezone, please check again".

Still waiting for a call 😡 surprise surprise 🤦🤷🤬

JaniceProcyshen
Grasshopper

Still waiting for a call 😡 surprise surprise 🤦🤷🤬

0 Kudos

>  internet quit working, this was last winter. Given tha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  internet quit working, this was last winter.

Given that the Summer Solstice is 11 days away, has "winter" ended at your location? Praries?   🙂

>>> RMS ticket number is 00303603

Contact Shaw, and ask for an update on that ticket-number.

TALK TO US
We're here to help