Jump to solution

Remote Desktop Blocked

raspopovsergey
Grasshopper

Hi,

My Shaw Blue Curve router blocks my remote desktop connection.

Remote desktop is stuck at "configuring remote session"

Firewall logs show that it blocks something (at the same time i try connecting).

The block is happening even after disabling router firewalls.

I also tried connecting with the same rdp connection from another network and it works.

Is there anything I can do to make this work?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Thank you everyone for your help. It was my mistake, I di...

raspopovsergey
Grasshopper

Thank you everyone for your help. It was my mistake, I didn't realize you can't remote into PC that is in a sleep mode.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jump to solution

are you exclusively connected to the BlueCurve modem or d...

shaw-tony

@raspopovsergey are you exclusively connected to the BlueCurve modem or do you have the modem in bridge mode with a 3rd party modem connected? This is a bit out of our scope of support but the latter of the setups should work.

Jump to solution

I am exclusively connected to the BlueCurve modem and it...

raspopovsergey
Grasshopper

I am exclusively connected to the BlueCurve modem and it is not working in a bridge mode.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> Firewall logs show that it blocks something (at the sam...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Firewall logs show that it blocks something (at the same time i try connecting).

Are you looking at the firewall-logs "inside" the BlueCurve, or at the log-files inside Windows Firewall (or inside whatever "Internet Security" package, such as Norton Internet Security) that you are using?

> I also tried connecting with the same rdp connection from another network and it works.

Windows RDP can be configured to allow Remote Connections only from a specific range of IP-addresses. Have you configured this?

Jump to solution

Thank you everyone for your help. It was my mistake, I di...

raspopovsergey
Grasshopper

Thank you everyone for your help. It was my mistake, I didn't realize you can't remote into PC that is in a sleep mode.

TALK TO US
We're here to help