Mines an XB6 and I haven’t had service since Jan 7! 😭😭😭

Holydaisy
Grasshopper

Mines an XB6 and I haven’t had service since Jan 7! 😭😭😭

0 Kudos

-- the rep at the store stated that the XB7 modems are on...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@roan73 -- the rep at the store stated that the XB7 modems are only made for Fibre+1GB or more, not for anything less

That statement is incorrect. My nephew (on Telus Internet) received addressed postal mail, offering Shaw Fibre+ 500, with an XB7 modem, if he would sign-up with Shaw.

If the problem really is localized to Shaw's "back-end" servers, then swapping one XB7 for another one will still connect to that same "problematic" server -- a wasted site-visit by the Shaw Technician. Sigh.

0 Kudos

-- XB6 and I haven’t had service since Jan 7 Please conta...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Holydaisy -- XB6 and I haven’t had service since Jan 7

Please contact Shaw: 1-888-472-2222 and get support.  Your issue may be different than this "back-end" issue that affects the XB7 cable-modems.

Are you immediate neighbours using Shaw Internet? Do they also have no service?

I suggest (and probably Shaw will, too) that you power-off the cable-modem by disconnecting its power cord. Wait 60 seconds, and reconnect the power cord, and let the device fully restart. This might help.

0 Kudos

After getting a tech in my local area look into it (the s...

Holydaisy
Grasshopper

After getting a tech in my local area look into it (the service Center techs on the phones were useless) They ended up removing my customer profile and deleting my account new customer and everything is working fine

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help