Same "allowed"sender, some moved some not why?

gordn
Grasshopper

Why is it that I have a consistent sender (who is a vendor) email will randomly be put into the spam filter and yet the next day it's not?

Would it be because of all the auto generated contact systems?

And also when I click on the "always display", pretty much every time it's "too many trusted" error message. So whats the point of having that?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: Same "allowed"sender, some moved some not why?

shaw-tony

Hey gordn,

Thank you for reaching out! It is likely the sender reached their daily limit on how many @shaw.ca email addresses they are able to send at once. After the limit, they may be marked as spam. As for the second issue, are you able to provide me a screenshot of what you see (please remove/cover any personal information)?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

gordn
Grasshopper

This is 1 of probably 4 instances. I placed the second one in the trash manually after I had opened it

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

gordn thank you for touching base again. That screenshot doesn't show the "always display" and "too many trusted" error message that you stated above. 

0 Kudos

gordn
Grasshopper

True, and I will wait for that opportunity to show you, however as my initial post is titled, some do some don’t, same sender. 

Any answer to that?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

yes, as per above. It is likely that they reached the daily limit of how many @shaw.ca email addresses they are able to send. Once they reach the daily limit, they may be marked as spam since the system notices multiple emails from the same email. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

gordn
Grasshopper

I have to wonder how many shaw emails are getting a hobby magazine's emails though? I suppose that depends on what Shaw's limit is too I suppose.

0 Kudos

gordn
Grasshopper

So another thing, when I mark it "not spam", does that not actually do anything except move it back to the inbox?

0 Kudos

gordn
Grasshopper

Under preferences, there's a 500 limit to MY trusted senders. Guess I need to purge the list and start again

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help