Jump to solution

Setting up Blue Curve Bedtime Mode

Pat2
Grasshopper

Has anyone had the situation where, once the Bedtime Mode is set for a particular profile, in this case a child's profile, the devices under that profile will change and move to another person's profile so that the Bedtime Mode is no longer applicable to the child's devices?  How can this happen?  I don't want to check daily to make sure that the devices I want in sleep mode under my child's profile are truly off.  Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

that is odd. Was this feature working properly for you pr...

shaw-tony

@Pat2 that is odd. Was this feature working properly for you previously?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jump to solution

I haven't heard of this issue before. What troubleshootin...

shaw-tony

@Pat2 I haven't heard of this issue before. What troubleshooting steps (pinhole reset, power reset, etc) have you tried so far to see if this continues to happen?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hello, Yes I have tried all the troubleshooting steps you...

Pat2
Grasshopper

Hello,

Yes I have tried all the troubleshooting steps you mentioned and still have this problem.  In addition, the bedtime mode times are constantly changing or are turned off entirely.  What I do now is check daily.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

that is odd. Was this feature working properly for you pr...

shaw-tony

@Pat2 that is odd. Was this feature working properly for you previously?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

No, the feature never worked properly for me.  When I dis...

Pat2
Grasshopper

No, the feature never worked properly for me.  When I discovered this, I decided to check daily.  When I contacted an agent on the chat line, the agent said that it was not necessary for me to not sign out of the Shaw Blue Curve app on my phone.  Out of curiosity, if let's say my son also downloaded the Shaw Blue Curve app on his phone, can he access my account and change settings that way?  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

settings saved on the app will remain unless you change i...

shaw-tony

@Pat2 settings saved on the app will remain unless you change it. Do you get the same effect when use http://internet.shaw.ca/ (web version)?

If your son downloaded the app, he will need to know your Shaw ID login in order to access the profile. Otherwise, he will be locked out.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This isn't a duplication of my first enquiry.  The proble...

Pat2
Grasshopper

This isn't a duplication of my first enquiry.  The problem was never solved.  I don't believe my son knows my Shaw ID login, so the problem then is with the Blue Curve settings.  I do not change the settings, but when I check the settings daily, either the Bedtime Mode times have changed or the devices listed under my son's profile which I want to control have changed.  Shaw needs to work on this problem.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It may be a problem specific with your modem as it should...

shaw-tony

@Pat2 It may be a problem specific with your modem as it should not be resetting daily. When you say the bedtime mode times have changed, are they disabled or the actual active times are randomly changed?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hello Tony, In reply to your question, all of the above....

Pat2
Grasshopper

Hello Tony,

In reply to your question, all of the above.  Sometimes they are disabled and sometimes they have changed.  Also, sometimes the devices are not the same as previously set (when I look at device details).

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

super odd. I'd recommend swapping the modem at your local...

shaw-tony

@Pat2 super odd. I'd recommend swapping the modem at your local Shaw retailer to see if it will resolve this matter. Keep me posted.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help