Setting up shaw email on microsoft mail on windows 10

Sunshine3
Grasshopper

I tried every all the options that are provided on the Shaw support page to setting up email on Microsoft mail on Windows 10. I have it where it will send, but not receive but it tells me that email settings are out of date.

I have looked up what microsoft has to say about fixing this, but that did not work either.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Diana

Labels (1)
2 Replies

that is very odd. It may be password related, I'd recomme...

shaw-tony

@Sunshine3 that is very odd. It may be password related, I'd recommend updating your email password to something very strong through MyShaw to see if that will work. Did you set up POP, IMAP or Exchange from our settings here?

0 Kudos

>  I have it where it will send, but not receive, but it...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  I have it where it will send, but not receive, but it tells me that email settings are out of date.

When Windows 10 starts-up, does it ask you to sign-in to your Hotmail (or Windows Live) ID, or did you create a "local account" when you installed Windows 10? If the former, then that "out-of-date" message appears when Windows 10 tries to login to your Hotmail ID, only to find that the credentials (ID/password) that are being sent to Microsoft are "incorrect" (or "out-of-date").

I agree with the suggestion from the Other Person, namely to carefully check your settings.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help