Shaw Certificate Suddenly Not Trusted

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Tell me what has changed on Shaw's end again to cause the Apple Mail program on our iMac to suddenly pop up a message saying "Shaw's certificate is not trusted"? My mail has worked perfectly for over two years (ever since I got this new iMac). This has been a regularly occurring (intermittent) problem with Shaw over the past 15 years but it only began happening this morning again and only happens on our iMac that runs Mojave10.14.6, not on our other iMac that runs Catalina 10.15.7. I do remember this happening numerous times over the past 15 years but not recently, until today that is.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Since the Apple Mail issue only happens to your iMac that...

shaw-daniel

@appleMacTech Since the Apple Mail issue only happens to your iMac that runs Mojave10.14.6, please find out if there is an Apple macOS update available. See this link for the steps. If you can't access your Shaw webmail messages on our website wm.shaw.ca via Safari browser, please reach out to our technical support team at shaw.ca/contact-us for further advice.

0 Kudos

I'm an ACMT (Apple Certified Mac Tech). iMac is completel...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

I'm an ACMT (Apple Certified Mac Tech). iMac is completely up to date as always. This certificate problem happened out of the blue this morning. It has to be on your end (most likely the way your server interacts with Apple Mail under Mojave 10.14.6, something has expired).

0 Kudos

My issue is on the iphone mail app- I can receive emails...

ESPeak
Grasshopper

My issue is on the iphone mail app- I can receive emails but not use it to send. When I search the settings all the information is there but when I try to re-enter the SMTP info, I get a notice that the security certificate has not been renewed? There are no issues if I access the platform on a web browser but I prefer the convenience of the app. It worked until about a month ago. 

0 Kudos

My issue is on the iphone mail app- I can receive emails...

ESPeak
Grasshopper

My issue is on the iphone mail app- I can receive emails but not use it to send. When I search the settings all the information is there but when I try to re-enter the SMTP info, I get a notice that the security certificate has not been renewed? There are no issues if I access the platform on a web browser but I prefer the convenience of the app. It worked until about a month ago.

0 Kudos

-- which iPhone do you have, and what release of IOS is i...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ESPeak -- which iPhone do you have, and what release of IOS is it using? Can you update the IOS ?

My very-old iPad occasionally gives that "security certificate" error-message, while accessing the same web-page on my recent iPhone does not generate any error-message.

0 Kudos

it's a 13- and updated (not on me right now so not sure o...

ESPeak
Grasshopper

it's a 13- and updated (not on me right now so not sure of version). Mail app Hasn't worked in over a month

0 Kudos

Mac OS Ventura 13 - I have had the same issue with emails...

LynnTribe
Grasshopper

Mac OS Ventura 13 - I have had the same issue with emails saying my email does not have a trusted certificate.  This just started happening about 10 days ago and is very annoying

0 Kudos

-- can you do a "screen capture" of the message, to show...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LynnTribe -- can you do a "screen capture" of the message, to show the text, and, hopefully, the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) of the site that has the expired certificate, and post the image here?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help