Jump to solution

shaw email - capitalization of 1st word of new lines - how to stop

keatsgal
Grasshopper

I never use to have an issue with my shaw email - but now every new line it automatically capitalizes the first

letter of that word.   I can't figure out what I need to do to stop this function.  Have read online for other outlook programs but doesn't seem to be reflected in this program.  Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: shaw email - capitalization of 1st word of new lines - how to stop

shaw-tony

keatsgal I was able to find some instructions online to fix this. Click Outlook's "File" menu followed by "Options" to view the Outlook Options window. Click "Mail" and then click "Spelling and AutoCorrect." Click "AutoCorrect Options" to view the AutoCorrect window. Remove the checkmark from the "Capitalize First Letter of Sentences" checkbox and click "OK" twice.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey keatsgal,

Thank you for reaching out! I attempted to replicate this issue on https://webmail.shaw.ca/ and don't see this happening. Is that where you are noticing the issue or are you using a 3rd party program to access your email? If it is the latter, it should be available to change in the options menu. Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

keatsgal
Grasshopper

Hello,

It's not my webmail, it works perfectly, it's my when I open my email account via the

mail symbol on my computer, so my main linked account that this has started.  It's very odd. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

ah, since it is working as expected on via webmail. This issue is specific to your email client. Do you know which email client you use? Eg. Outlook, Thunderbird, Opera Mail, etc?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

keatsgal
Grasshopper

Hi Tony, 

It is outlook which I have and I have looked online and the things have I have found thru grammar

and spelling - do not exist on my version of outlook.  

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

keatsgal I was able to find some instructions online to fix this. Click Outlook's "File" menu followed by "Options" to view the Outlook Options window. Click "Mail" and then click "Spelling and AutoCorrect." Click "AutoCorrect Options" to view the AutoCorrect window. Remove the checkmark from the "Capitalize First Letter of Sentences" checkbox and click "OK" twice.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help