Shaw email users are not receiving emails from our servers

Not applicable

Many of our clients that are using @shaw.ca email addresses are not receiving emails from our servers.  The bounce back error we are receiving from shaw is:

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

@shaw.ca

We have removed images, signatures, and everything that we can from our emails and have had no luck. My guess is that Shaw is blocking our IP address or our sending domains.  Do you have a postmaster we can contact to try to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you

Labels (1)
34 Replies

Re: Shaw email users are not receiving emails from our servers

shaw-tony

Hey happyzorrito,

Thank you for reaching out! It is a possibility that it is due to the maximum number of recipients per email. Did you try sending an email to 1 client only to see if you still get a bounceback? I will recommend touching base with our technical support members to check your IP/email address to see if it is blocked in any way.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Hi Tony, thank you for the reply.  We are getting bounce backs of individual emails as well as our opted-in mail-outs which only have a few dozen shaw subscribers.  I have tried to reach out to support as per your suggestion, but because we don't have a Shaw account we have been passed around to multiple people that have been unable to help us.   Can you provide me a direct support number or contact at Shaw that can help us with this?   

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

happyzorrito this is outside of our scope of support. What I can do is check to see if your email is filtered as spam. Please provide me your outbound email address. It will be moderated, once I have the email, I will check and they will be blanked out.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

happyzorrito wrote:

Hi Tony, thank you for the reply.  We are getting bounce backs of individual emails as well as our opted-in mail-outs which only have a few dozen shaw subscribers.  I have tried to reach out to support as per your suggestion, but because we don't have a Shaw account we have been passed around to multiple people that have been unable to help us.   Can you provide me a direct support number or contact at Shaw that can help us with this?   

Shaw is very similar to Outlook/Hotmail in this regard...  Kinda do their own thing..  Hotmail is kinda documented though and you can kinda reach support, doesn't mean they will tell you what is going on..

Shaw is just a mystery..  You keep guessing and contacting people until it starts working..

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Thank you.  One of our domains that is having the most trouble is *mod removed* and Our mail server's IP address is *mod removed for privacy*

I appreciate anything you can do to help us figure out where the problem is

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

happyzorrito Thank you for the details. I checked the IP server address and don't see any issues with it. Is the email address *moderating out email*? 

*side note* great restaurant

0 Kudos

Not applicable

@shaw-tony thank you for checking and yes, that's the sender's email address.  It's very strange that you don't see any issues on your end.  Next time we send out a mailout, i will let you know to see if anything jumps out at you.

Glad to hear that you like the restaurant 🙂 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

happyzorrito in the meantime, I will submit a ticket up to our engineers to see if they can fix/determine if there are any issues with it on the backend. By the time you send another mail out, a resolution may be set. Otherwise, it may be another issue on your end which you will need to be in contact with your domain provider.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

shaw-tony‌ that's wonderful, i really appreciate your help with this.  In terms of our domain, we manage all of our servers, DNS, etc which can definitely speed up the troubleshooting process.   

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help