shaw email will not set up in samsung S9

Mab1
Grasshopper

I have tried 2 different phones (s9+, note ultra) and 3 different shaw email addresses...will not let me setup the email in POP3 or IMAP on the phones...have changed the password to no avail.  the error says "pop/imap service not set up for these emails check your service" nothing in there i could find...I have one email  on my phone and tablet already in IMAP that work fine from the same account.

Labels (2)
6 Replies

-- does this Shaw web-page: How to setup email on an Andr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mab1 -- does this Shaw web-page: How to setup email on an Android device hint at anything useful?

Unfortunately not. I also tried to install email on my no...

Mab1
Grasshopper

Unfortunately not. I also tried to install email on my note ultra phone which already has my main shaw email on it. But other emails in that same account will not load anywhere with of course following the instructions carefully. Still comes up with password username and or something is wrong at the source Shaw.

m

0 Kudos

when you are updating your password, is it to something v...

shaw-tony

@Mab1 when you are updating your password, is it to something very strong? Also, can you check that you are able to log into https://webmail.shaw.ca/ with your existing information?

0 Kudos

Hi Tony, thanks for that, and yes it is a strong password...

Mab1
Grasshopper

Hi Tony,
thanks for that, and yes it is a strong password (from lastpass),

I can log into my shaw....But No, I am not able to log into the webmail.Shaw.ca with same password and email.

Cheers,

Marc

0 Kudos

-- I can log into my shaw....But No, I am not able to log...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mab1 -- I can log into my shaw....But No, I am not able to log into the webmail.Shaw.ca with same password and email.

Logon to the My Shaw portal, and access the "Internet" section, and set a new password for your E-mail ID(s). Shaw WebMail will use that password.

your MyShaw login and Shaw email login might have differe...

shaw-tony

@Mab1 your MyShaw login and Shaw email login might have different passwords if you are unable to login to webmail. Do you see any errors when trying to login to webmail or do you just get an incorrect password notification?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help