Shaw emails not getting to iCloud.com recipients

Kvalnir
Grasshopper

There's a mis-configuration somewhere on Shaw's or Apple iCloud's side.  Most emails from Shaw never seem to make it to iCloud.  Forwarding emails from shaw to an iCloud address would always return:

550 5.7.1 [CS01] Message rejected due to local policy.

Not sure how to get that fixed.

This is easily replicable by setting up two-factor authentication on my.shaw.ca if you ask for a verification code sent to iCloud.com address, it'll never arrive.  If you send it to another email address that forwards it on to iCloud, you'll get the above error message bounced back.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

I don't think that "two-factor authentication" makes any...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I don't think that "two-factor authentication" makes any difference to your problem, because that option is to prevent any unauthorized person from logging-in to your Shaw ID.  That is all that it prevents.

Are you sure that the recipient is not "filtering" E-mail, e.g., accepting E-mail from a short list of IDs, or that the E-mail is being sent to the recipient's "Junk Mail" folder, where the recipient never looks in that folder?

Can you create another ICLOUD ID, without enabling any "filtering", and, if necessary, disabling all  "junk-mail-filtering" for E-mail incoming to that ID, and then try to send to that ID?

0 Kudos

It’s not the two factor authentication, I was just using...

Kvalnir
Grasshopper

It’s not the two factor authentication, I was just using that as an example. It happens even with the automated email for this thread.

The attached image is from this morning’s thread response alert.

Image of mailbox error

This happens on other accounts too. I’ve tried with at least 3 other iCloud email addresses over 2 shaw accounts. No filers set, nothing in Junk, and added the shaw email address in contacts.

0 Kudos

Resurrecting an old thread here. Starting at around 4 PM...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

Resurrecting an old thread here.

Starting at around 4 PM today, sending email messages to "@icloud.com", "@mac.com" and "@me.com" recipients from a shaw address are all bouncing back. As the OP said, "there's a mis-configuration somewhere on Shaw's or Apple iCloud's side. Most emails from Shaw never seem to make it to iCloud." Was all working perfectly for months up until today. Guessing it to be a certificate rejection problem on Shaw's end.

0 Kudos

The link in the bounce back: https://support.apple.com/en...

rstra
Grand Master

The link in the bounce back:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137

Apple servers likely think the message is spam, seems to be a common bounce back from various email providers to icloud, me etc. 

-- from a shaw address are all bouncing back The posted "...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@appleMacTech -- from a shaw address are all bouncing back

The posted "bounce-back" was from August 25, 2019 -- not "yesterday".

What is the full text of the error-message that you received?

> Guessing it to be a certificate rejection problem on Shaw's end.

Maybe, but that would not be my first guess.

Maybe, something "DKIM" related. I have seen DKIM-related problems when sending from NOAA.ORG to GMail IDs.

My problem is the opposite.  I can send to someone with a...

obosak1
Grasshopper

My problem is the opposite.  I can send to someone with an iCloud address, but I can't receive emails from them.

0 Kudos

-- can you get your colleague (using iCloud) to post any...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@obosak1 -- can you get your colleague (using iCloud) to post any "bounce-back" message either to this forum, or to something like DROPBOX, so that we can see if your colleague is getting such a response?

Or, of course, create your own iCloud ID, and send from there to your Shaw ID, and then show us the details.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help