Jump to solution

Shaw Go-Wifi from mobile device registration

FS75
Grasshopper

experiencing issues getting connected from a mobile device directly.

when navigating to shaw.ca/wifi/get-connected or shaw.ca/wifi/get-started from a mobile device I am receiving a 404 page not found error.

If you visit the site(s) from a desktop device using any browser it works fine.

I am specifically trying to connect and download the hotspot 2 certificate on an iPhone but I should be able to reach either of those sites at the very least from any browser, I do realize I need to be using Safari on iOS to get the certificated downloaded.

I have tried to reach this page on an iPhone using Safari and an android device using chrome both have the same results (404 page not found). I have tried from my Shaw internet connection at home, and using the mobile networks,  iPhone is Rogers and Android device is Bell.

I know I can register the MAC of the device directly from "MyShaw" and use ShawOpen but if I want to use the hotspot 2.0 profile I need to do that from Safari on an iPhone which at this point does not work.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I have re-engaged with our engineer for an update on tick...

shaw-tony

@FS75 @bluefoxca I have re-engaged with our engineer for an update on ticket# INC0641578. Once I receive an update, I'll let everyone in this thread know. I appreciate your patience while we get this fixed!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Jump to solution

that is certainly odd. On your iPhone, have you tried usi...

shaw-tony

@FS75 that is certainly odd. On your iPhone, have you tried using a different browser to see if you are able to reach the site?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

HI, it does not work from Safari or Chrome on an iPhone a...

FS75
Grasshopper

HI, it does not work from Safari or Chrome on an iPhone and as mentioned I cannot reach the site from a different android device either so not device/browser specific.  Even attempting to render the non-mobile browser of those sites (from a mobile phone) still produces the same 404 error.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

can you post a picture on here or link through imgur so I...

shaw-tony

@FS75 can you post a picture on here or link through imgur so I can see what the specific error is? It may be account specific if other devices are affected for you.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

attached is the screenshot but this is not account relate...

FS75
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony attached is the screenshot but this is not account related as we never reach that point, this is due to a device detection the site is doing and it's attempt to redirect a mobile identified device to https://wifi-registration.shaw.ca.  If I navigate directly to the registration site it works fine.

What I am trying to point out is that something is not working on that front, I was able to locate the registration redirect by looking at the source of the site and figuring out what the https://www.shaw.ca/wifi/get-started page is attempting to do.

Simply try this on a mobile device your results should be the same as mine as the network or account will not make a difference only the device. The landing page Shaw has for this https://www.shaw.ca/wifi/get-connected/ from there is should on the 3rd step bring you too the registration page but the device detection is instead landing you too the 404 page not found.

I haven't gone too any great lengths to determine the "why" but I do see a 401 unauthorized token after the device detection script.

20191123_144146000_iOS.png

0 Kudos
NellyP
Grasshopper

Hello

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I need help getting my service connected. Gateway Bule cu...

NellyP
Grasshopper

I need help getting my service connected. Gateway Bule curve and and tv box

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

it might be best to add this question as a new post from...

FS75
Grasshopper

@NellyP it might be best to add this question as a new post from the main page and tag/label it under BlueCurve, my post is in regards to the Shaw Go Wifi registration site, your question will get more visibility in there as a net new question rather than buried in this thread.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

to get connected, you should be able to self activate wit...

shaw-tony

@NellyP to get connected, you should be able to self activate with the steps here. If you continue to have troubles, the fastest way to reach us is through chat or social media.

@FS75 thanks for providing me with that example. I'll send it up to our WiFi engineers to investigate. Thanks!
Tracked under: INC0641578

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Was this ever resolved or a workaround provided?

bluefoxca
Grasshopper

Experiencing the exact same thing - a 404 Page Not Found error on shaw.ca/wifi/get-started

Laptop works fine. iPad worked fine 20 minutes ago. iPhone X starts to load the get started page then redirects to the 404.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help