Jump to solution

Shaw Internet and Phone Infrastructure Backup Power

whistlersherpa
Grasshopper

Does the shaw pure fiber internet and phone service infrastructure have its own backup power in North Vancouver?  I have a critical systems generator capable of powering my home and the computer systems in it (modem, routers, desktops and phones,etc) in the event of a power failure. So our lights and systems can run independently of the power grid.

Will the shaw internet system still be working (nodes etc) in the event of a power outage? Assuming no physical damage to the shaw system, such as a  fallen tree breaking the line.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Shaw equipment has backup batteries, but those will only...

rstra
Grand Master

Shaw equipment has backup batteries, but those will only last for a certain amount of time. They could also also run generators, but that depends on how widespread the outage. Power outages are usually a result of downed lines and if Hydro lines are down, Shaw lines are also likely down.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

Shaw equipment has backup batteries, but those will only...

rstra
Grand Master

Shaw equipment has backup batteries, but those will only last for a certain amount of time. They could also also run generators, but that depends on how widespread the outage. Power outages are usually a result of downed lines and if Hydro lines are down, Shaw lines are also likely down.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats what I was hoping was t...

whistlersherpa
Grasshopper

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats what I was hoping was the case.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help