Shaw modem or router

stuive
Grasshopper

Was wondering if the Shaw Hitron modem worked well enough in a small 850 square foot suite or if I was better getting a decent 3rd party router.  I notice many of the new routers have all these antenna sticking up and was wondering if that would help.  Have asked the Shaw techies and get conflicting stories as to which is best.  Thanks !!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Shaw modem or router

Not applicable

I would try it out, and when not satisfied with wireless performance or coverage look at third party options.

Not applicable

It is always better to get your own 3rd party router for many reasons.

If Shaw's will work for you though, try it and see.

0 Kudos

freded
Grasshopper

I have a Shaw Hitron Router and want to change the password, which is the default one, for security reasons. But when I type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of Firefox, I am unable to access the router using the original Password or 'WiFi Key'. I get 'Wrong  Password' every time.

What is going on?

Thanks for any help!

Mark

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey freded,

That is certainly odd as you should be able to access the modem user interface. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend completing a factory pinhole reset with the steps here. Once the factory reset is complete, you should be able to access the modem with the username cusadmin and use the WiFi Key as the password. Keep me posted on how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help