Shaw Staff: Any originals still around?

ChipmunkChill
Grasshopper

I know this isn't tech help specific unless you were tech help. 

I ask as I'm the original consultant that helped setup Shaw.  I remember testing Telus and Shaw side by side.  Except when the one out of BC server was tested.  We made the plan for investment for equipment, etc and the purchase/production agreements.  This was a long time ago and the original owners of Shaw and Telus saw me at a tech conference abroad.  

I remember the issues with the amateur radio people, CRTC(predecessor), investment, and industry standards.  Hopefully after all these years the equipment is doing well, being all hot swappable, etc.  I remember the days I had to wear a radiation suit to be in a computer room.  Now a days I and others got electronics safer that you can wear your street clothes near it.

I remember the days when there were only enough of us doing it to count on one hand.  But the potential for the future was there and still is.  My last computer before that consultation was a 3d printed 1" nearfield cube with holographic tech and wearables.  I even worked on organics. 

Building standards are finally showing and hopefully they do it right.  I'm sure you guys get calls about poor speed from people with ethernet wall plates that have cat5/5e because years ago modems were slower.  Today I did suggest to someone the hemp insulator sticky panel you can stick inside a PC box. 

I hope public learn more and schools should be teaching in tech class proper cable type to use, signal safety, etc.  Not just playing video games and making web pages.  

Not sure if server staff have a problem ever but hemp clothing around electronics is handy and an RF shield baseball cap or hard hat if you ever go up a tower.  Now the general public can get at the 1151 socket, sometimes the 1200 socket.  Not yet the nano-itx 28mm as far as I know.(but it's in another place)  I see the odd glass phone and holographic but not the tattoo phone, silicon patch, or smart prescription glasses.  But hoverboards seem to be around ;-D  I find it funny they think a Quantum is a D-Wave.(look up definition of the word Quantum)  Now a Quark is closer to what the mythical quantum is.  Quarks run Cr24 on 3d printed.

So any of you still around?  A few were in their 20's back then.  A few of the people had kids.  I only met one of them when they came to see server tests.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help