Jump to solution

Shaw wifi in downtown Canmore

rplasman
Grasshopper

I can barely connect downtown Canmore and it keeps on dropping me. This started yesterday. Worked 100% earlier this year. My wireless works with all other hotspots. Any one else having an issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Shaw wifi in downtown Canmore

shaw-tamara

Hi rplasman 

We forwarded this off to the WiFi team for investigation and it looks like they will need to send a technician to do some repairs. Because of the tech availability in Canmore they advised us that it might take a bit of time to get it fixed but hopefully should be back up sometime next week. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hi rplasman 

We apologize for the troubles with this! Do you happen to have the address of the Shaw Go Hotspot that you are connecting to? If you can let us know the business or address we can check to see if there are any known issues. You can also do a search for all of the active locations in Canmore on https://www.shaw.ca/wifi/hotspots/

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

rplasman
Grasshopper

The address I am at when trying to access is 820 8ths Street, Canmore. Looking at your map, this address is surrounded by hotspots so I am not sure which specific spot the computer is trying to access. A coworker mentioned to me that hers has also stopped working in the same location and this coincides with a power outage that occurred sometime in the week of April 20 - 27.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Peaks of Grassi in Canmore, same time. Slow internet and some URL's not loading at all this morning even with a wired connection.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

thank you for the address information. I was able to locate the access points in that area and can confirm they are reporting offline. I have contacted our Shaw Go WiFi team to send a technician to bring them back online. 

Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey snappled,

I don't see any available Shaw Go WiFi hotspots in the area you pointed out. If you are having trouble with your home Internet services, I'd recommend trying some of the troubleshooting steps here. If you continue to notice slow speeds after troubleshooting, your best bet is to touch base with technical support for further assistance. 

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

rplasman
Grasshopper

I tried it again today. Still not working. No Shaw hotspots were even showing.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hi rplasman 

We forwarded this off to the WiFi team for investigation and it looks like they will need to send a technician to do some repairs. Because of the tech availability in Canmore they advised us that it might take a bit of time to get it fixed but hopefully should be back up sometime next week. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

traceygage
Grasshopper

I'm in this same building and it doesn't work for me either. We used to be able to use it and I use my shaw go account all the time in downtown Canmore and now haven't been able to for three weeks. I have noticed it is weak everywhere in the downtown core and drops easily. At 820 Main Street you can't connect at all.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

rplasman
Grasshopper

Any updates on this issue?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help