Slow Internet - Prerequisites done

rustydusty1717
Grasshopper

Slow internet...

Power cycled modem few times, directly connected to the modem, everything else is completely disconnected and powered off. Getting 20-25Mb/s download. Seems to be getting worse everyday.

Also getting some pixelation on the TV on occasion which makes me think bad signal coming into the house possible? All coax connections are nice and snug. CAT6 cables all replaced just incase, still getting same speeds. Multiple laptops hard wired as well.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Slow Internet - Prerequisites done

rustydusty1717
Grasshopper

Called in support, they reprovisioned the modem, left it bridge mode and did some speed tests. Lucky to get 25Mb/s download to any test server.

Put it back in bridge mode and getting similar results...20-25Mb/s download. Upload has been perfect throughout at 7.5-8Mb/s.

There's got to be either congestion or signal issues, correct? 

0 Kudos

rustydusty1717
Grasshopper

Shaw Support is awesome! Not. @shawsucks 

winterpeg
Grasshopper

Welcome to my world. I have had the same results since last August. They have increased my internet speed from 35 to 75 to 150 with a new modem every time. I can get the paid for speed on one device only, all other devices get about 30MBPS max. I had a Shaw installer here last Friday for an hour and a half and we tried everything and could NOT fix it. There is nothing WRONG inside the house, I have multiple devices including Home Automation which use minimal bandwidth.

The issue has been "elevated" to Shaw upper tech support.

I am sure they will solve this issue, maybe.

winterpeg
Grasshopper

This morning, I have lost my 150 MBPS speed on my one device. The most I can get is about 60MBPS and all of the other devices get about 30MBPS. Did the usual unplug the modem and NO better. This is my first week of the XB6 and 150 MBPS speed. WAPS!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help