speed upgrade list by Province

Not applicable

Is there a list of Provinces where the free speed upgrade to 300 and 600 is going to be applied?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: speed upgrade list by Province

shaw-tamara

Hi vanadiel 

Unfortunately we don't have a list of all of the areas that will be receiving the upgrade, but it's most of the areas that we service. You can find more info on the upgrades on https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-17572 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I am a bit confused about this announcement.

On one hand it says :

• Shaw’s extensive fibre network means virtually all neighbourhoods in Western Canada can now get double the speed of Shaw’s best plans

But it also says:

• All new and existing Internet 300 customers now receive 600 Mbps and Internet 150 customers now receive 300 Mbps at no additional cost

The confusion is that Western Canada is AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitoba and Saskatchewan.

I am in Ontario, on a 300 plan not in Western Canada.

Going by the second statement, I should be upgraded since it says "all new and existing internet 300 customers", but going by the first statement I am not going to be upgraded since I am not located in a Western province.

They should really clarify what they mean with "western Canada" because those 2 lines are conflicting each other. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

You will get it, its across Shaw's entire footprint. IIRC the part of Ontario that has Shaw, piggybacks off Winnipeg. Last time i saw, ON customers had wp.shawcable.net DNS servers.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Never mind, it works.

TALK TO US
We're here to help