Stadia's been broken for all Alberta customers since saturday...

talios
Grasshopper

So since the fibre line issues/shaw routing changes on Saturday, Stadia (googles' gaming service) has not worked on shaw due to the routing being wrong & latency being to high; you can see multiple people complaining about it ; It appears to be only shaw customers affected and as far as I can tell everyone in alberta; tried it on a few friends' shaw connections and they're all the same now.

You can see many people complaining about it/trying to figure out the issue @ the following links, this coincided exactly with the fibre landslide issues in BC, being completely broken until shaw said it was fixed; and completely degraded after. Just checking to see if this is a known issue/even being looked into, shaw support chat seems pretty clueless

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/ezerza/question_for_shaw_customers/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/exvswg/calling_all_stada_users_with_shaw_in_canada/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/eyhc91/stadia_on_shaw_600_issues/

Labels (1)
90 Replies

The same problem, it took a lot of convincing with tech s...

Huxley2019
Grasshopper

The same problem, it took a lot of convincing with tech support that I am not the only one with this issue. He kept saying we have no known issues... please acknowledge the issue and try to find a resolution. Beyond stadia, my ping to California has also jumped from an average of 47 to the 100 mark. 

This is definitely an issue. Until this weekend, stadia w...

JonahL
Grasshopper

This is definitely an issue. Until this weekend, stadia was flawless. Now, it won't even let me open a game. And yes, the timing with in line with the bc land slide or whatever it was. 

Same, basically 5 days now not able to run Stadia - BC In...

tetrec
Grasshopper

Same, basically 5 days now not able to run Stadia - BC Interior. 

Haven't been able to sign in since Sunday morning. Kooten...

Bergerac82
Grasshopper

Haven't been able to sign in since Sunday morning. Kootenays, BC.
Google "escalated" team said it's Shaw's problem, Shaw support tech repeatedly asked me to check that "Stadia could see the wifi network"... So that was helpful.

Thanks for getting this started.  Same issue here. Shaw 3...

LeviS
Grasshopper

Thanks for getting this started. 

Same issue here. Shaw 300 customer in central Alberta. Issues since Saturday. Stadia was flawless until last weekend. 

Started having issues with Stadia stating that my.connection was unstable. Tested my Ethernet connection (how my Chromecast is connected) and it was getting in excess of 330 Mbps.

Tried Shaw support and all they could do was have me to a factory reset. Speeds were stable after that but still could not connect properly to Stadia. 

Thought I was going crazy until Imran across the Reddit forum. Same issues I was having. 

I have been having issues as well.  First shaw rep on cha...

CapnCrunch
Grasshopper

I have been having issues as well. 

First shaw rep on chat was not helpful at all. 

Second rep was good, admitted there was a problem but wouldn't say it was related to the cut fibre line. Which I can 100% understand. 

But it needs to be known. It isn't solely a stadia issue. I have the same problem with xcloud and GeForce now. 

Latency is the problem. 

0 Kudos

Same issue here in the last few days (Kelowna BC). Can't...

Alexey
Grasshopper

Same issue here in the last few days (Kelowna BC). Can't even start a game or get kicked out after couple minutes

I personally haven't heard of any linkage from that incid...

shaw-tony

@talios @Alexey @CapnCrunch @LeviS @Bergerac82 I personally haven't heard of any linkage from that incident with Stadia not working or have a high ping. I have engaged with our engineering team to see what's going on and I will post updates here. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

0 Kudos

Hey  thanks so much for the reply.  It isn't just an issu...

CapnCrunch
Grasshopper

Hey @shaw-tony thanks so much for the reply. 

It isn't just an issue with stadia. It also effects Nvidia GeForce now, xcloud & stadia. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help