Jump to solution

TELUS INTERNET FOR GOOD

vlindas
Grasshopper

do you offer the same $9.95 price on internet for PWD's and AISH as Telus?  if so, i have been over charged for 4-5 years!!  ps...couldn't figure out which LABEL to put this message under. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

From a web-site: Eligibility for the expanded program is...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

From a web-site:

Eligibility for the expanded program is based on receiving the B.C. Persons with Disability (PWD) benefit or the Alberta Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) benefit.

Please contact Shaw (online-chat or telephone) to communicate directly with Shaw.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

From a web-site: Eligibility for the expanded program is...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

From a web-site:

Eligibility for the expanded program is based on receiving the B.C. Persons with Disability (PWD) benefit or the Alberta Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) benefit.

Please contact Shaw (online-chat or telephone) to communicate directly with Shaw.

Jump to solution

I talked with a Shaw agent and they told me that they do...

Ldjinm
Grasshopper

I talked with a Shaw agent and they told me that they do not have this program available. So I will be moving to Telus to take advantage of the significantly lower price. I am disappointed that Shaw is not waiving their penalty for cancelling my current contract. Shaw not only can't compete with Telus for caring for people with disabilities, they take the next step of gouging those people with penalties $15/month until the completion of the contract. Poor community relationships.

Jump to solution

-- I am disappointed that Shaw is not waiving their penal...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Ldjinm -- I am disappointed that Shaw is not waiving their penalty for cancelling my current contract.

In Shaw's eyes, a contract is a contract.

However, twice during 2020, Telus contacted me, and offered me $200 in "Telus credit" for switching TV/Internet/Phone/Mobile from Shaw to Telus.

If you have both Shaw TV and Shaw Internet, the cancellation fee is $20 per month, not $15 per month.

I did not switch.

I do not know if Telus will currently make the same offer -- you will have to ask if it still is offered, and whether that credit is available if you sign-up with that low-priced "Telus Internet For Good" promotion.

So, if you have less than 10 months remaining on your Two-Year Value Plan, pay the cancellation fee to Shaw, and sign-up with Telus, and accept the $200 discount on future monthly invoices from Telus.

TALK TO US
We're here to help