I guess FACTS hurt your feelings..... and you missed the...

RodBrescia
Grasshopper

I guess FACTS hurt your feelings..... and you missed the entire point of discussion. The call centres ....are all Foreign.  Last one I talked with was in the Caribbean.   Is also not fashionable to complain their english speaking skills are non-existent.   You're a troll on an island of virtue signaling. Have a nice day

Hi! The majority of our call service staff are still base...

shaw-darren
Shaw Squad

Hi! The majority of our call service staff are still based in Canada; that includes Phone, Live Chat, Community and Social Media agents. You may have spoken with an outsourced agent if we had a very high volume of calls, or you contacted us outside our office hours. 

I'm sorry to hear about the terrible experience you had trying to reach us Michael33. I can assure you customer support agents aren't allowed to hang up on customers; there may have been a technical issue which accidentally ended the call. We can definitely follow up on that and investigate what happened.

Please reach out to us by Live Chat and we can take care of anything you need quickly, and try to restore some faith in us again. 

0 Kudos

-- The call centres ....are all Foreign. When I have ca...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@RodBrescia --  The call centres ....are all Foreign. 

When I have called the "local" number (in my city), I have talked to "foreign" call centres in:

1. Nanaimo
  2. Edmonton
  3. Winnipeg
  4. Northern Ontario
  5. New Brunswick
  6. Belize City -- he spoke English very well & very clearly, even though the rest of Belize uses French as their first language.

Shaw's phone-system will quickly/automatically "redirect" my "local" call to what they say is a "less-busy" call centre.

0 Kudos

I have been a Shaw customer for over 20 years.  I had to...

HT56
Grasshopper

I have been a Shaw customer for over 20 years.  I had to move recently to a province in which Shaw does not have services.  I was charged $250 for breaking a contract that has less than 1 year remaining despite the fact that I could NOT transfer services here because Shaw does not exist.  This morning I awoke to a $555 bill that states I did not return my equipment, that they will reimburse me $300 when they receive such.  I went to a Shaw store prior to moving and was told that the only way to return equipment was to go to Canada Post.  I did this over a week ago.  I tried to pay the bill excluding the $300, but, oddly, I am not allowed to do such.

Nope.  Allegedly I'll be 'reimbursed when the equipment is returned.'  Yeah... I believe that.  I returned an older modem once and was told I would receive $30.  THAT never happened, and that was 4 years ago.

Why do you suppose Shaw will not accept returned equipment at its stores?  Why does it make customers go to Canada Post?  -have a feeling it's so they allegedly never receive returned equipment.

I am out east where the Rogers/Shaw amalgamation is making its attempt.  My plan is to warn everyone I know here about Shaw and its shifty practices.  If Shaw enabled customers to go to their store, return their equipment, receive a receipt and be done, well... that would be simply too practical.  Instead they have 7 staff members in store trying to sell their new mobile plan.

Shaw is like one of those gym memberships that you just can't get rid of.  Beware of this company.

0 Kudos

Good for you.  Try returning equipment they charge $300 f...

HT56
Grasshopper

Good for you.  Try returning equipment they charge $300 for and have nobody to accept.  Subcontracting Canada Post with the ability to state they did not receive equipment is far more profitable than physically accepting the equipment so you don't have a ridiculous bill.  They just keep claiming they'll reimburse your $300 if and when they receive the equipment you've already sent via CP.  I will be contacting the BBB.  Shaw is ridiculous and knows, especially since the pandemic, that it can make LOADS of profit off of its customers, so it's cut customer service in a BIG way so that nobody can actually get face-to-face with Shaw, show a receipt, bring a witness to testify.

Bullocks.  I wish Shaw great misery during the recession.

0 Kudos

I have been with Shaw for over thirty years. I have never...

rickatk
Master

@Michael33 wrote:

I called the customer service line trying to get information about adjusting my internet service to include a mobile plan. I have been a customer for over 3 years. After trying to get on the chat service with no success I waited on hold through the phone line for over 2 hours. I finally got a hold of someone only to have them hang up on me. I wasn't being rude, only asking questions about the different offers and the agent clearly decided to hang up. I will be switching to Telus asap.

I have been with Shaw for over thirty years. I have never had that experience - never. I made many calls and chats over the years. Always good service.

0 Kudos

--  I had to move recently to a province in which Shaw do...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@HT56 --  I had to move recently to a province in which Shaw does not have services.  

Several times, Telus employees at my front-door have offered $20/month in "Telus credit", for each of the months remaining on my Shaw two-year Value Plan.  Did you move to Alberta, where Telus Internet is available, or much further east, or to Northern Ontario, where Shaw Internet is available?

I was charged $250 for breaking a contract that has less than 1 year remaining

You signed a contract. If you had both Internet & TV service, the contract specifies $20/month for early cancellation. So, I don't know how "less than one year" times $20/month is $250, unless you paid for part of the final month of the services.

I went to a Shaw store prior to moving and was told that the only way to return equipment was to go to Canada Post.  I did this over a week ago.  

You should have received a Canada Post Tracking Number. Use CP's web-site to track the shipment. Tell Shaw the tracking-number, so that they can verify its location.  Note that Shaw, not you, pays for shipping the equipment. 

I tried to pay the bill excluding the $300, but, oddly, I am not allowed to do such.

Strange. Any bank or credit-union will accept any amount of your money, and will transfer the payment to Shaw.

Why do you suppose Shaw will not accept returned equipment at its stores?  Why does it make customers go to Canada Post?  

Due to COVID, I doubt that Shaw wants their retail-store staff to touch any equipment that a customer has touched. So, the shipment goes via Canada Post to a central location, with proper handling procedures.

[I] have a feeling it's so they allegedly never receive returned equipment.

In my experience, the credits are properly issued.

If Shaw enabled customers to go to their store, return their equipment, receive a receipt and be done, well... that would be simply too practical.  

Yes, pre-COVID, that was the way it was. Times change.

0 Kudos

They are terrible, I’m having terrible connection issues,...

Bertini
Grasshopper

They are terrible, I’m having terrible connection issues, sometime it’s slow and sometimes it doesn’t work at all. I call them and they said my signal was bad and I had to schedule a tech to see it but the techno would come only in three days but the tech didn’t appear and after I complaint they rescheduled the tech again but now I have to wait more three days. I think the only bad signal I’m having is named Shaw. 

0 Kudos

Hi Michael, Same here. I got transferred three times from...

outsidethief
Grasshopper

Hi Michael, Same here.

I got transferred three times from customer service by Ravinder VP90, to Guransh WMOK, to Phil I532, then finally to Nitika VF23 simply to get my phone disconnected because the scam call blocker at Shaw does not work. After more that 2 years of scam calls 3-5 times a day I had to get rid of it. It was an ordeal with Shaw being transfered over and over. I know that I was tranfered by their people passive aggressively as I was crystal clear abour juat wanting my phone shut off.  Anyways finally Nitika did it. One of the people mentioned above did something to my cbale box because it shut off that night and reset. We have not had sound since on our cable. 

Obviously there is some game being played by low rent employeea at shaw.

20 years of paying my bills on time and thisnis what I get. I guarantee shaw will not even invesitgate which one of those mentioned oe their work buddy did it.

Oh well, I have already told 4 friends about this experience. All are telus and never plan on using shaw. I plan on telling at least 12 people since that is generally how many people that someone how has experienced bad service tell.

0 Kudos

I kept the transcript so I can send it to BBB.

outsidethief
Grasshopper

I kept the transcript so I can send it to BBB.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help