the best way to get wireless internet in the garage?

altaguy
Grasshopper

I have an Arris TG3482 modem that is working great right now but it only gives me 2 bars in the detached garage and sometimes drops out. I also have a defender security system in the garage that I want to plug into a router (or repeater or whatever). So my goals are to - increase the wifi signal in the garage and to have something to connect the security system to the internet.  I am not a tech guru with this stuff but would like to know what you guys think is the best way for me to make this work. I was thinking of just buying a new router and putting that in the garage but I am not sure if this will work. The router is a D-Link DIR-1950.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

OK so now I am thinking this might work the best.... Netg...

altaguy
Grasshopper

OK so now I am thinking this might work the best.... Netgear EX7000 wifi mesh range extender. It looks like I can plug the security system into it and since I have 2 bars on my phone when connected to my network, this should boost that signal as well. I forgot to mention that I can't run cables and the garage is detached from the house.

What do you guys think???

0 Kudos

we do offer a mesh system here with the BlueCurve modem....

shaw-tony

@altaguy we do offer a mesh system here with the BlueCurve modem. 3rd party setups are unsupported and I don't have much personal experience with that extender. You can certainly give it a try to see how if it fits your needs. Others on the forum may also chime in this discussion as well.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help