Threatening notification

FedUP3
Grasshopper

Why do I get this threatening notification, 'Your account is overdue. To avoid disconnection of services, please make a payment immediately'

every time I receive an ebill from Shaw? My balance is at $0 and my bill is not due for another 3 weeks. Shaw has even gone so far as to give my phone number to a collection agency in Arizona, and they phone me to tell me that my Shaw internet service will be cut off. If Shaw wants to lose a paying customer, who pays on time, each and every time, this is a great way to do it. 

Labels (1)
5 Replies

that is certainly odd. I am sorry for that experience. It...

shaw-tony

@FedUP3 that is certainly odd. I am sorry for that experience. It may be a phishing email that is not associated to us. Do you notice if it matches your current account number and from do_not_reply@sjrb.ca

0 Kudos

This is not a phishing email; it happens with every bill...

FedUP3
Grasshopper

This is not a phishing email; it happens with every bill I receive from Shaw, from the Shaw email address you mention. I'm getting tired of the weekly phone calls from Arizona, as well. 

0 Kudos

that's odd if you are up-to-date. If you can DM me an exa...

shaw-tony

@FedUP3 that's odd if you are up-to-date. If you can DM me an example of what you see, I can investigate further. We don't have any contact centres from Arizona and from my knowledge, any collections agencies we utilize are in Canada.

0 Kudos

Bill summary: Your account is overdue. To avoid disconnec...

FedUP3
Grasshopper

Bill summary:
Your account is overdue. To avoid disconnection of services, please make a payment immediately.
Account number: 
Outstanding balance: $56.00 Due immediately*
Current charges: $0.00 Due March 17, 2020

As you can see, my account is not overdue, and my bill was paid.

The Arizona phone number is 1 800 414 4352 or 1 800 414 4351 for Gates Stone and Company. 

0 Kudos

hmm, does the same balance show every single time? It may...

shaw-tony

@FedUP3 hmm, does the same balance show every single time? It may be related to an older account. Not sure why you would be seeing those otherwise.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help