Three Hour Wait, No Person

stevevee
Grasshopper

My Internet went out this morning and I assumed it was an outage.  About fifteen hours later, I called and chose the option to be called back in twenty minutes - no one called me back.  70 minutes in I got a guy on chat that said I owed money and they cut me off on purpose after paying $250 per month for thirty years.  In the past I had spent a couple grand a month with them on my company access.  Okay fine, I don't get bills, you had an autopay glitch as my credit card changed, no one called, emailed or phoned me and I can't log into the system as if I try to create an account, it says I already have one, but if I say I forgot password, it says I don't have an account.  He hangs up on me.  Now I have girlfriend on phone and chat and myself on phone and chat and three hours in, it is ten so everyone hangs up on me as they have to go home.  Ridiculous customer service considering Telus just wired my house with fiber optic.

8 Replies

Re: Three Hour Wait, No Person

stevevee
Grasshopper

Figured out how to get online.  Girlfriend had to forget password to my old email that I never use rather than my current one.  I have to reset password with the old email account, but then use my new email account associated with the account and the password created by the old email account to login.  Obviously their system is extremely buggy if you update your password and have a second email besides the primary.  Okay fine, I pay the bill online three hours in, then half hour of my time trying to debug their buggy software to pay (imagine I have been on hold fifty minutes with their billing department trying to give them my credit card number and they hung up on me rather than take it at 10 PM), but here is the kicker - pay the bill online, still no internet.  Guess I am supposed to sit on hold three hours tomorrow to tell them the bill that was their fault for not letting me log in, not emailing, posting me or phoning me and turning my account off without notice to get Internet back.  Not like I don't use Internet as an Internet developer.  Had to run up my cell phone Internet hotspot today, probably $75 in overages.

0 Kudos

allanbay2
Grasshopper

Why not just go down to Shaw and do it in person. Like the Good-Old-Days.

0 Kudos

stevevee
Grasshopper

Having the exact same problem as this post from seven months go (see yesterday's post).  Tell ya what will go to Shaw in person, a 40 minute drive and wait in line, but if I do that I am canceling after 35 years as a customer.

0 Kudos

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

did you go to the store or you tried their chat option?  was it a long lineup at the store?  is Telus available yet at your house?  how thins go with Shaw and or Telus?  

0 Kudos

I have been waiting for over an hour to discuss about cha...

mak142003
Grasshopper

I have been waiting for over an hour to discuss about changes in my plan. IVR machine says for disconnect requests stay on call. Since my request may lead to disconnection,  I have to stay on hold. It's crazy that there is no other way to talk to an agent. Worst part they keep repeating the message promoting online chat. Just about 12 months ago, I had called twice and wait time was about 30 minutes.  How do they expect people to have hours of free time to wait? At least tell us how long I would be on hold.

apologies on the long waits as we are busier than usual....

@mak142003 apologies on the long waits as we are busier than usual. Our customer support team members would be happy to ensure your plan best suits your needs. I appreciate your patience. 

0 Kudos

been on hold over an hour, initially said 30min....I have...

leeeugene88
Grasshopper

been on hold over an hour, initially said 30min....I have to go. This is an absolute disgrace.I tried calling 3 times this week and waited over 30min and had to give up. These hour long wait times is bush league and a turn from previous years where Shaw was one of the better in customer support. This is a sad day and I will 100% be switching. 

0 Kudos

I found facebook.com/shaw and the messages are returned e...

HardcoreGames
Grasshopper

I found facebook.com/shaw and the messages are returned eventually

I have had to reset my modem a few times to get it working

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?