Time frame for shipping Self Connect Kit

cwat
Grasshopper

I signed up for new services on March 22 and it was confirmed on on March 23. However since they aren't sending technicians out I will be getting the Self Connect kit.  I  have yet to receive a confirmation/tracking number that it has been shipped despite having contacted them more than once. They told me call back in 3-5 days and now it's call back in 5-7 business days.  I know obviously because of the situation that things are moving slower with less staff working. I will be moving into my new home in just a week and doing my work from home 100% depends on having the internet. I could lose my job because of this. Has anyone had any luck receiving their self connect kit within the last week or so?  

Labels (1)
19 Replies

sorry to hear that haven't received it yet. I understand...

shaw-tony

@cwat sorry to hear that haven't received it yet. I understand how important this is to you and will contact our distribution centre about this. Can you DM me your contact info?

> ..  have yet to receive a confirmation/tracking number...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> ..  have yet to receive a confirmation/tracking number that it has been shipped.

On March 23, while talking to Shaw, they offered to send a Shaw technician to my door on March 31, with a replacement Gateway, or to ship one from their warehouse. I chose the shipment, and it arrived, 4 business days later. I don't remember getting a "tracking-number". So, my experience was good.

> I could lose my job because of this.

Did Shaw force you to move, or did you choose to move?

Won't your current Shaw equipment work at your new location? If you just move "cross-town", the cable-modem and the Shaw TV probably will NOT need to be "re-activated". Setting-up to connect Shaw Phone is more tricky -- wiring changes inside your home, to disconnect any wires that connect to Telus, and to bridge your in-the-walls network to the Shaw Phone device.

0 Kudos

I also ordered on March 22nd and after several chats and...

Darryl970
Grasshopper

I also ordered on March 22nd and after several chats and patiently waiting  was told today that in 48hrs they would email me with tracking on the package......

apologies for that delay. With everything going on, we ar...

shaw-tony

@Darryl970 apologies for that delay. With everything going on, we are doing our best to ensure everyone stays connected. Have you already reached out for an update?

0 Kudos

yes, it still hadn't shipped and chat agent said he sched...

Darryl970
Grasshopper

yes, it still hadn't shipped and chat agent said he scheduled a drop off only by an installer on Easter Sunday. We questioned whether they would be working but he said it showed available time slot so will patiently wait and see. 

0 Kudos

yes, technicians are still working and equipment drop-off...

shaw-tony

@Darryl970 yes, technicians are still working and equipment drop-offs are an option. We are ensuring they are safe along with the measures mentioned here.

0 Kudos

I ordered my self connect kit March 27, 2020. I was told...

kingbee
Grasshopper

I ordered my self connect kit March 27, 2020. I was told in writing (chat) that my kit would be 3-5 days. After 8 days I called and was assured they would send tracking info and that it was sent and must be in the mail. After another 3 days I called (chat) to ask where the tracking was because I didn't receive it. The tech said he would request it again from the warehouse. Now it is 12 days and not even tracking info. Pretty sure Shaw is having a big problem.  I realize with the health crisis things are harder but I would never have signed up if I knew it would take this long. My wife and I are self isolating and it sure would be better with contact to the outside world.

I am feeling the exact same way.  Their system said it wa...

cwat
Grasshopper

I am feeling the exact same way.  Their system said it was shipped the day after I signed up but after 15 days there was no tracking number and nothing delivered. So, they shipped me a new one but still no tracking number. I've been trying to stay positive because its only been 2 days but after this amount of time and the first attempt to send it to me, I don't trust that it has actually been sent. I've contacted Shaw chat, 5 times. It has been 18 days, I move in 6 days. I work from home so the internet is an essential service for me. I could lose my livelihood because I don't have access to the internet.  I asked if a tech could drop the equipment off and I was told no because they see it as already being shipped.

0 Kudos

Looks like I should have been more patient with the secon...

cwat
Grasshopper

Looks like I should have been more patient with the second shipment as I received it today.  I did not get a tracking number.  It was sent out Monday April.6 and I got it today Thursday April.9. I'm in Edmonton and it came from Calgary. I hope this information is useful to someone 🙂 

TALK TO US
We're here to help