Re: Two devices connected at the same time: what speed do you get?

winterpeg
Grasshopper

Hi again:

I was going to set some different setting on the XB6 and I found out that the Shaw "tech" must have changed the password on the router login id:admin, and I can't login!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I will wait until Friday and see what skill level "techie" they send out to fix this/replace this XB6.

I will have to make sure that I can login to the router before they leave.

0 Kudos

mjducharme
Grasshopper

I'm not familiar enough with the Arris since I don't have it, but on the Hitron the admin account is named cusadmin and not admin. Make sure you are using the correct name for the admin account, it would be printed on the sticker on the router, along with the password.

0 Kudos

winterpeg
Grasshopper

Yes, I know that on the HItron it is cusadmin, on the XB6 it is admin. Also,  you use 10.0.0.1 to get to the router

0 Kudos

winterpeg
Grasshopper

"If it is an issue with the Arris, it could be a compatibility problem only with the particular wireless chipset used in the Tab 4, and they may not have tested the Arris device specifically with that chipset, so a bug could have gone undiscovered. Arris may have a fix if this is a compatibility issue between the wireless chipset on the Tab 4 and the modem, and Shaw may have access to that. If this is an Arris compatibility issue and they have not discovered it yet, Shaw will need to report it to them to get a fix. If Arris were to determine that such a compatibility issue was actually a problem on Samsung's end and it was up for Samsung to fix, then it would be a matter of reaching out to Samsung (or Arris or Shaw reaching out to Samsung) to alert them to the problem."

Well, it is definitely a compatibility between the Arris and the Galaxy Tab 4.  guess someone has to notify Shaw. I gave the Tech a copy of this after we did all of the other checks and nothing worked. We had no problems with getting 150MBPS on his phone as well as on my Surface pro.

Thanks for all of the great information.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help