Two Kinds of Errors Connecting to Shaw Go Wifi

eihhh
Grasshopper
Hello,
  I am having trouble registering my device with Shaw Go Wifi.
  + When I try to register via my home Shaw network, I successfully authenticate but always go directly to an error page (“Error / We were unable to complete your request.  Please try again later.”).
  + I get a similar error when I try to connect directly at a Shaw Go hotspot.
  + Also, I saw a help document stating that you can access registered devices under the “My Services” tab on MyShaw; but when I log in and click on this tab, nothing happens (I continue to just see whatever page I was on, and no request goes out to the server.)
  How can I register my device to use Shaw Go Wifi?  Relatedly, are there any clues as to why clicking on "My Services" might not do anything?  (Could it be relevant that my shaw user id is not from the shaw.ca domain?)  Screenshots are below.
Thanks for your help,
Sara
Labels (1)
2 Replies

Re: Two Kinds of Errors Connecting to Shaw Go Wifi

shaw-tamara

Hi eihhh 

It sounds like there might be an issue with the account on the back end as it shouldn't be failing to load the services tab. I'd recommend getting in touch with customer support directly so they can take a closer look. 

0 Kudos

Re: Two Kinds of Errors Connecting to Shaw Go Wifi

eihhh
Grasshopper

Thank you, Tamara!  Got in touch and it turns out that my Shaw ID was linked to an old (closed) account, and thus there were no services to display (and no Access to Shaw Go Wi-Fi).

Thanks Again,
Sara

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help