Unable to access channels 7-11 within the 2.4 GHz Technicolor Modem Portol

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

On 2.4 Ghz, Channels 7 to 11 greyed out and no option to select even when changing the mode eg. 802.11 g/n and 802.11n. Also, changing the Channel Bandwidth toggling 20 or 20/40 doesn't help. 

This would not normally be an issue but I'm in a very congested area and the better channels (using a network app) for whatever reason seem to be greyed out on with modem.  I was able to access these channels without issue in the past?

Is there a way to fix?  I tried resetting and restarting the modem. I haven't been able to reach tech support and have them run a remote diagnostic on it. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

that is certainly odd. Are you able to select other chann...

shaw-tony

@Upfront6891 that is certainly odd. Are you able to select other channels outside of 7-11? Have you tried accessing the channels through the BlueCurve app/web program?

0 Kudos

Haha. I guess you didn't get the memo? This is actually n...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

Haha. I guess you didn't get the memo? This is actually now the norm now on XBR modems. When you select 20/40 channel bandwidth you are limited to two thirds of the channels. If you select just 20 (using 2.4 GHz) you can select all the channels from 1 to 11.

0 Kudos

-- I haven't been able to reach tech support. That is unu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Upfront6891 -- I haven't been able to reach tech support.

That is unusual. Shaw claims to offer "24/7" support.

Did you try via telephone, or via online chat, or via Facebook Messenger?

What date? What time? What is your location? 

0 Kudos

Not unusual at all. Lots of calls lately and there are ma...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

@mdk Not unusual at all. Lots of calls lately and there are many "issues" with 24/7 support including their system. I won't discuss further as the conversation I have had with a Shaw executive is privileged. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help