Upgrading internet plan and 6-digit Pin number problem (It's lost)

Not applicable

Hello! My problem is: I'm using Shaw Internet 75 now, and the speed is not enough for me anymore. So I texted to Shaw to ask for an upgrading. After I provided my address, full name and phone number, they asked me for a 6 digits pin number. I've asked my mom, but she said she has thrown it away for a long time. So, what should I do to upgrade my Internet? Need to call them to come over directly or show another documents to prove online? Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Re: Upgrading internet plan and 6-digit Pin number problem (It's lost)

shaw-tony

Hey hadesfire996,

Thank you for reaching out! We can always verify other details from your mother. If she does not have those details, she will need to visit a local Shaw retailer with her ID, so we can verify her and reset the PIN. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Oh my God please.  She is a lazy and busy women. I'm feeling so so impotent now. She said she doesn't have time to come. So can you please send a Shaw employee to my place or not? If not, I think she'd contract with another company. Because she just wanna do everything quickly, simply. Please help me about it!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Sounds like she put the pin on there to keep anyone from making changes to the account without her permission.

If she went with another company they would still need to confirm her ID....Shaw won't send a person to your house to meet with her to confirm ID for an upgrade. She will have to either call in(Fun fact - The call center is open 24/7) or visit a store. 

The other option is to set up your own account as a separate suite in the home and then you don't have to worry about needing her ID, just yours.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help