Upload rate tanked since 150-300 upgrade

purgatory
Grasshopper

Hi, I'm a streamer by trade, and the past week (Ever since the double download thing started), my upload rate has been extremely unstable, and more often than not, as low as 2-4 Mb/s, as opposed to the 15 I used to get.  Should go without saying that it's very much impacted my job in a negative way.  My download rate is fine, it's at or slightly over 300, but my upload is way lower than it should be.

Is this a side effect of the download rate upgrade or something else?  This was never an issue until this change went through, and I have lost a lot of revenue because of this issue.  I contacted support a few days ago about it, and they said they know it was an issue and that it should be fixed shortly, the next day, it was fine for a few hours, but then tanked again, and has been awful ever since.

I've tried a VPN, I've tried restarting my router, changing DNS servers, restarting PC, nothing is helping from my end.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Upload rate tanked since 150-300 upgrade

shaw-tony

Hey purgatory,

Thank you for reaching out! This is certainly not a side effect from the upgrade. I have Internet 150 personally and with the upgrade, I do not see any change in the upload speeds. I have not heard of any reports of a known issue, it is likely a signal related issue to your home or area. 

Do you have any other special settings with the Shaw modem or 3rd party routers/switches attached? What other troubleshooting steps have you tried with the support team member?

Cheers,
Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help